Browns sign Kareem Hunt (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Kudos to you. But what about the things you have done wrong? You would want forgiveness and an opportunity to be better.
Forgiveness can only come from the injured party. Cutting, signing or suspending Hunt is not about forgiveness to me. It's about choosing who one will and will not associate with. How Hunt behaved in the video is rarely isolated behavior, so I understand why teams wouldn't want him. I'm glad he's not with the Saints.

zatsnzapps

Do you have a pwobwem...?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bawlmer, Merlyn via Birmingham and Metairie/Kenner
I'm amazed at you "perfect" people that never made a mistake in your life. We've all received second chances. He's a kid who didn't handle himself well. He's not the first and surely won't be the last. I'm sure this will serve as a defining moment in his life and hopefully it leads him to the path of greatness! I wish the kid nothing but success!
Just for clarification, this was not a one-time incident. He's had three.

One was in January '18 where a man reported he was assaulted by Hunt and a teammate.

Then, February '18 was the incident with the woman and the video.

Finally, in June '18, Hunt is accused of punching a man.

That's 3 times in 6 months. That's a disturbing trend.

OP
OP
MV2

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
you might want to check yourself
I know all about domestic abuse. Being a woman doesn't excuse behavior. I can't think of many reasons why a woman would ever deserve that, but I'm not naive enough to think there aren't ever any reasonable moments either. I guess in your view a woman can do just about anything to you. Everybody has to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

OP
OP
MV2

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The instances would be very few and very extreme, IMO. A threat to me physically is the only reason I can come up with.

Re-watch the video, if you can find it, and let me know if you think it earned a physical attack. This was a case where I can't make excuses for Hunt's actions.

And, again, I'm a believer in second chances. I'm not a Vick fan because, let's face it, he made life rough on Saints fans. His actions with the dog fighting deserved punishment. Vick went through the judicial system, served his time and was released. Not only did I think he deserved a second shot at the NFL, I also supported it.
Hunt went too far. I'm just simply saying women are not some special creature that is impervious to consequences.

OP
OP
MV2

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
what gets me in all this is the notion that a high profile figure (athlete, movie star, politician, ceo type) "deserves" a 2nd chance
this is not someone being let out of prison in a socially agreed upon time who hopefully has done some rehabilitation
no one 'deserves' that position in the first place - we're not talking about freedom, we're talking very rarefied air -- everyone 'deserves' water, no one deserves Vueve Clicquot

if ever anyone is confused about the notion of 'toxic' masculinity...
Nothing toxic about a kid getting a second chance. God is the only judge.

WxM

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Kudos to you. But what about the things you have done wrong? You would want forgiveness and an opportunity to be better.
He can have all those things without playing on a professional football team.

OP
OP
MV2

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He can have all those things without playing on a professional football team.
So are you going to take away a Doctor or Attorney's practice from them if they have a domestic situation? Or is your moral compass limited to athletes?

OP
OP
MV2

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
One question, do you think if this was Akeem Hunt that he'd be getting a second chance?
I think everybody deserves one. The level of the player doesn't matter to me. The NFL owners accept more BS the more special the player is. Antonio Brown is an example of that. People are ridiculously judgmental.

OP
OP
MV2

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
the 'toxic' part is your bending over backwards for him and not giving 2 ***** for the woman
Do you know 100% what she did? Besides, if a woman puts herself in a mans hotel room in the wee hours of the morning and it goes left she shouldn't have been there in the first place. She put herself in the position for bad to happen. She's gotta take some responsibility for that. This thread is about him. If you want to lobby for her then start a thread for that.

Besides, starting a thread about him being signed and stating I think he deserves another chance is hardly bending over backwards. That's a bit of a reach.

zatsnzapps

Do you have a pwobwem...?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bawlmer, Merlyn via Birmingham and Metairie/Kenner
I think everybody deserves one. The level of the player doesn't matter to me. The NFL owners accept more BS the more special the player is. Antonio Brown is an example of that. People are ridiculously judgmental.
I agree, we're all judgmental.

The Browns and John Dorsey were, too.

They just happened to determine that Kareem was worth the risk, given the potential reward. There's no way that a mid to lower level player gets this chance. People don't get a second chance in the NFL out of the kindness of someone's heart. They get it because the player offers a potential payoff for the team.

WxM

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So are you going to take away a Doctor or Attorney's practice from them if they have a domestic situation? Or is your moral compass limited to athletes?
I'm certainly not going to do business with such a person. There are plenty of other doctors, lawyers, and football players who are good and in need of work and haven't abused somebody.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)