Browns sign Kareem Hunt (UPDATE: Hunt to return to play this week v. Bills) (2 Viewers)

I don't disagree with your statement, but let's not act like there is nothing a woman could ever do that would earn her a physical altercation.
The instances would be very few and very extreme, IMO. A threat to me physically is the only reason I can come up with.

Re-watch the video, if you can find it, and let me know if you think it earned a physical attack. This was a case where I can't make excuses for Hunt's actions.

And, again, I'm a believer in second chances. I'm not a Vick fan because, let's face it, he made life rough on Saints fans. His actions with the dog fighting deserved punishment. Vick went through the judicial system, served his time and was released. Not only did I think he deserved a second shot at the NFL, I also supported it.

Last edited:
I was hoping that we could have brought him in. At best, he would have been our replacement if Ingram decided to leave. It would have been fun to watch Kamara & Hunt as a dual threat.

Kudos to you. But what about the things you have done wrong? You would want forgiveness and an opportunity to be better.
Forgiveness can only come from the injured party. Cutting, signing or suspending Hunt is not about forgiveness to me. It's about choosing who one will and will not associate with. How Hunt behaved in the video is rarely isolated behavior, so I understand why teams wouldn't want him. I'm glad he's not with the Saints.

I'm amazed at you "perfect" people that never made a mistake in your life. We've all received second chances. He's a kid who didn't handle himself well. He's not the first and surely won't be the last. I'm sure this will serve as a defining moment in his life and hopefully it leads him to the path of greatness! I wish the kid nothing but success!

Just for clarification, this was not a one-time incident. He's had three.

One was in January '18 where a man reported he was assaulted by Hunt and a teammate.

Then, February '18 was the incident with the woman and the video.

Finally, in June '18, Hunt is accused of punching a man.

That's 3 times in 6 months. That's a disturbing trend.

you might want to check yourself
I know all about domestic abuse. Being a woman doesn't excuse behavior. I can't think of many reasons why a woman would ever deserve that, but I'm not naive enough to think there aren't ever any reasonable moments either. I guess in your view a woman can do just about anything to you. Everybody has to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

The instances would be very few and very extreme, IMO. A threat to me physically is the only reason I can come up with.

Re-watch the video, if you can find it, and let me know if you think it earned a physical attack. This was a case where I can't make excuses for Hunt's actions.

And, again, I'm a believer in second chances. I'm not a Vick fan because, let's face it, he made life rough on Saints fans. His actions with the dog fighting deserved punishment. Vick went through the judicial system, served his time and was released. Not only did I think he deserved a second shot at the NFL, I also supported it.
Hunt went too far. I'm just simply saying women are not some special creature that is impervious to consequences.

what gets me in all this is the notion that a high profile figure (athlete, movie star, politician, ceo type) "deserves" a 2nd chance
this is not someone being let out of prison in a socially agreed upon time who hopefully has done some rehabilitation
no one 'deserves' that position in the first place - we're not talking about freedom, we're talking very rarefied air -- everyone 'deserves' water, no one deserves Vueve Clicquot

if ever anyone is confused about the notion of 'toxic' masculinity...
Nothing toxic about a kid getting a second chance. God is the only judge.

Kudos to you. But what about the things you have done wrong? You would want forgiveness and an opportunity to be better.
He can have all those things without playing on a professional football team.

He can have all those things without playing on a professional football team.
So are you going to take away a Doctor or Attorney's practice from them if they have a domestic situation? Or is your moral compass limited to athletes?

One question, do you think if this was Akeem Hunt that he'd be getting a second chance?
I think everybody deserves one. The level of the player doesn't matter to me. The NFL owners accept more BS the more special the player is. Antonio Brown is an example of that. People are ridiculously judgmental.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom