Bruce Arians fined 50k for striking player (1 Viewer)

Go back to grade school meaning the basics of football. you get a helmet slap when you do a good job, you get a helmet slap when you screw up, players slap helmets all the time, your not watching football if you think a helmet slap is some how archaic.

I played as a kid and adult, I know all about head slaps a-hat. Just pointing out the double standard given to some coaches over others.

What double standard are you talking about?

Firing of Meyer for kicking a player. Yes, he was already having issues, but the player kicking is what got him fired.

Meanwhile, Arians coaches a team where players commit felonies then hits a player on TV and gets a fine.

No, I don't like Meyer.

Firing of Meyer for kicking a player. Yes, he was already having issues, but the player kicking is what got him fired.

Meanwhile, Arians coaches a team where players commit felonies then hits a player on TV and gets a fine.

No, I don't like Meyer.
Well, I'm no fan of Arians, what he did isn't remotely close to what Meyer did.

Players committing felonies has little to do with the coach. They're grown men.

They knew what they were getting into with AB.

Go back to grade school meaning the basics of football. you get a helmet slap when you do a good job, you get a helmet slap when you screw up, players slap helmets all the time, your not watching football if you think a helmet slap is some how archaic.

When you do a bad job, you get the slap on the ear hole where it rings your brain.

At least that's how it was in my day.

No, I don't like Meyer.
The Jaguars fired Meyer.
The NFL fined Arians.

Its not really apples to apples in terms of some type of double standard.

They seem to have an anger issue over there in Tampa. AB being AB, TB12 slamming his tablet, BA slapping a player....maybe they need a quick anger seminar.

As they should. People die every year from heat stroke and a little over 10 years ago the Vikings had a player die in training camp from it.
Actually, it was.more like 20 years ago and it occurred during the Vikings 2001 brutally exhausting training camp and the unfortunate player, a Pro-Bowl Vikings O-linemen named Korey Stringer, died due to severe heat stroke and extreme dehydration. Quite a few of his then-Vikings teammates cried and were visibly shaken by his death, the most visible one was likely Randy Moss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom