Bruce Arians says refs need to do better at controlling the game (aka being strict on CGJ) (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Sticky Post

I guarantee he's already called the NFL complaining. Guarantee it. This is coaching 101. Just like when Dirk Koetter mentioned before our game with the Falcons how the refs needed to be better at calling DPIs on us and suddenly our DPI calls sky-rocketed again.

I don't want CGJ to change. I love his game and what he brings. But I do hope (and know) our coaches are telling him to tread carefully because I guarantee the refs will for sure be looking to call him for ANYTHING this Sunday.

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
"All CJGJ does is talk."

LOL, just no. He gets handsy, rips a guy's mouthpiece off his facemask, gives a guy a shoulder nudge after the play to get reactions, ect. I am not going to say that he hasn't been effective and won a few battles for us with his antics, but he CAN be flagged for what he says and CAN be flagged for the examples above (he was last week, after all). He'd better be damn careful not to lose the war for us.

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't this just crazy though!!! I've never heard of anyone complaining about some trash talk like they do CGJ. He's so good at it, coaches look at it like a disadvantage that they can't account for so they complain to the refs!! Lol! Talk about a secret weapon the enemy can't counter.
He’s in Arians head now. :)

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta watch this now...there's a list of things the refs have been "alerted" to watch out for. CJGJ now has a rep and Tommy is on the other side of the field. Playing with fire...

Chris

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Test the waters. If it looks like the refs are waiting to flag him for taunting, then he should stop immediately. Don't do anything to hurt the team in a playoff game. We don't need to rely on smacktalking to beat the Bucs.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
In a previous thread, the rules were posted and it showed that trash talking can be flagged as unsportsmanlike conduct. So the comments that they aren't supposed to officiate it are not really correct.

I would not be surprised to see an early flag on CGJ if he keeps it up. He would have to stop, because a 2nd unsportsmanlike penalty would result in his ejection.

BroKV

Pelón
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s not the wave that will get you, it’s the undertow. Quietly drag them out to sea.

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
My hope is that he can covertly get inside AB's head. That dude has a few screws loose anyway. We didn't even do anything to the guy in our 2018 game with the Steelers, and he went off mocking our team's dance moves after scoring a late TD. He's ripe for the picking, and it probably wouldn't take much.

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
yea. whining about CJGJ when all he does is talk. not like he threw the 2 punches in 2 games.
Seriously that's all he's doing..he's not spiking guys when they're on the ground like Suh. Arians is whining about him like he's some dirty player.

They don't like what he's doing but yet, Hicks was trash talking all game long. None of our players responded to him with a punch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom