Bruce Arians says refs need to do better at controlling the game (aka being strict on CGJ) (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Sticky Post

I guarantee he's already called the NFL complaining. Guarantee it. This is coaching 101. Just like when Dirk Koetter mentioned before our game with the Falcons how the refs needed to be better at calling DPIs on us and suddenly our DPI calls sky-rocketed again.

I don't want CGJ to change. I love his game and what he brings. But I do hope (and know) our coaches are telling him to tread carefully because I guarantee the refs will for sure be looking to call him for ANYTHING this Sunday.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I heard CGJ was going to do that thing kids do where they pretend another kid is dead.

CGJ: "I with Antonio Brown was in this game, I really wanted to play against him."
"I sure do moss AB, too bad about him"

VPCajun

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t really see what they can do? Guys talk. It’s not like he’s twisting ankles and punching guys. He’s just talking. And the refs do a good job anyway of putting themselves between guys who are jawing.

Arians is saying this in hopes the refs will be all over CGJ. He has a real chance to get into the heads of mentally weak and unstable guys like Evans and AB.
Ceedy going next level this game - he's gonna be in the heads of Arians AND the Refs!

:hihi:

Last edited:

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t really see what they can do? Guys talk. It’s not like he’s twisting ankles and punching guys. He’s just talking. And the refs do a good job anyway of putting themselves between guys who are jawing.

Arians is saying this in hopes the refs will be all over CGJ. He has a real chance to get into the heads of mentally weak and unstable guys like Evans and AB.
Exactly. This is a sign of weakness. He knows he has some delicate WRs and he doesn't want the bad man to say mean things to them. Get a grip. Grown professionals should be able to handle trash talk. It's part of the game. CJG appears to have mastered it and taken it to the next level. His trash talk is a weapon that teams are having meetings about lol.

FlySaint

Carving up the skies!!!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
CGJ needs to be sent to blitz Brady early and often, hit him repeatedly and really get in their heads...especially Arians head!

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In a previous thread, the rules were posted and it showed that trash talking can be flagged as unsportsmanlike conduct. So the comments that they aren't supposed to officiate it are not really correct.

I would not be surprised to see an early flag on CGJ if he keeps it up. He would have to stop, because a 2nd unsportsmanlike penalty would result in his ejection.
Coach needs to be proactive on this.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
Arians just setting the table for the flags that he and Tommy Boy will beg for. Maybe he should spend more time coaching his players to use discipline when being coerced?

Coach P should counter with sending videos of all the Bucs holdings that went uncalled and see where that goes.

saintsmarchin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If they gonna sack brady they might as well lay him out. League want a golden goose.. we ain't gonna give it to em.

Reaction score
It's pretty comical. I didn't know trash talk was against the rules. If so, they're going to have to be fair and call it on everyone who does it. It's been going on since the beginning of sports. We just happen to have a master of it evidently.

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's pretty comical. I didn't know trash talk was against the rules. If so, they're going to have to be fair and call it on everyone who does it. It's been going on since the beginning of sports. We just happen to have a master of it evidently.
I guess this is like Formula 1 now ... if an opponent is too good at something, you get that thing banned to reclaim your competitive advantage

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Bruce Arians is absolutely Pathetic! Absolutly PaH Ha THETIC. Screw that weak stuff! Trying to influence the officials! You know he’s gonna be penalized all game now! You know know it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom