Bruce Arians says refs need to do better at controlling the game (aka being strict on CGJ) (1 Viewer)

"All CJGJ does is talk."

LOL, just no. He gets handsy, rips a guy's mouthpiece off his facemask, gives a guy a shoulder nudge after the play to get reactions, ect. I am not going to say that he hasn't been effective and won a few battles for us with his antics, but he CAN be flagged for what he says and CAN be flagged for the examples above (he was last week, after all). He'd better be damn careful not to lose the war for us.

Isn't this just crazy though!!! I've never heard of anyone complaining about some trash talk like they do CGJ. He's so good at it, coaches look at it like a disadvantage that they can't account for so they complain to the refs!! Lol! Talk about a secret weapon the enemy can't counter.
He’s in Arians head now. :)

Gotta watch this now...there's a list of things the refs have been "alerted" to watch out for. CJGJ now has a rep and Tommy is on the other side of the field. Playing with fire...

Test the waters. If it looks like the refs are waiting to flag him for taunting, then he should stop immediately. Don't do anything to hurt the team in a playoff game. We don't need to rely on smacktalking to beat the Bucs.

In a previous thread, the rules were posted and it showed that trash talking can be flagged as unsportsmanlike conduct. So the comments that they aren't supposed to officiate it are not really correct.

I would not be surprised to see an early flag on CGJ if he keeps it up. He would have to stop, because a 2nd unsportsmanlike penalty would result in his ejection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom