Question Brunch spot for Sunday before Game (1 Viewer)

egautr1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
What's up guys and gals.
I need some suggestions for a good Sunday brunch spot to bring my buddy from Denver who is coming into the game vs. the eagles.

So, he and his fiancee are staying at the Holiday in on Loyola right across from duncan plaza. Me and the Mrs. are driving in from the northshore to meet them for Brunch before they go to the game that afternoon. We are not going to the game, gonna eat and hang out then head home to watch in the comfort of home (plus can't afford two tix and all the other expenses). My buddy is driving in from lafayette in the morning so we are going to meet them at the brunch spot.

So what is a good place to meet up that isn't far from the dome but far enough away to not get caught in the dome traffic. I have got a couple of recommendations from some co workers but wanted to get the knowledge of SR. Buddy said he is paying so.......Think we will meet up at 9 or 10.

thanks fellow who dats!!!

If you want to give them a classic New Orleans experience, do the Jazz Brunch at Mr. B's (Iberville and Royal). It is a fifteen minute walk from their hotel. You can find street parking on Burgundy Street or Dauphine at that time of the morning.

There are hundreds of brunch/breakfast spots. It just depends on what you really want. Over the top and expensive like Brennan's, mid priced hipster chic, or dive bar breakfast.

Need more info to narrow it down more.

Mr. B’s brunch is awesome - my favorite in the entire world.

Kind of far from Poydras but if there’s no time crunch, that’s a winner. Might be hard to get a table at this point.

We've done Muriel's jazz brunch (Jackson Square). Very good. What I am DYING to try is Court of Two Sisters brunch (600 block of Royal Street).

Court of the Two Sisters is my favorite brunch because it's buffet style and I like options.

Ruby Slipper is always a great choice, but I think it gets pretty crowded.

For a nice sit-down menu brunch, it's hard to beat Mr. Bs, but I really like Arnaud's, too.

If you want to pick them up, take them for a drive, and bring them back, my favorite breakfast spot is Surrey's on Magazine.

Sweet suggestions thanks guys. I have heard of a lot of the ones you guys are suggesting.

I guess I should clarify that we probably don't want the fancy or really pricey places like Commander's or Brennan's. (Plus I don't think we could get a reservaiton this late anyway) I was looking at Muriel's in Jackson Square but it looks kind of fancy. I think we want a little more chill spot.

My B-I-L lives in lakeview and he said his favorite brunch spot is Elizabeth's in the Bywater. Said it's really small and gets very busy though. And they don't take reservations either. So I don't want to have to wait a long time to get a table. Plus it is a little further out. Anybody been there???

I looked at Mr. B's but it is right in the heart of things. It looks pretty pricey and will probably be packed on Sunday morning. Would i need a reservation?

thanks guys

"Brunch" is for fancy people. ;)

Keep in mind that downtown and the quarter will be incredibly busy. If you dont want to do Mr Bs perhaps ruby slipper is more your style.

"Brunch" is for fancy people. ;)

Keep in mind that downtown and the quarter will be incredibly busy. If you dont want to do Mr Bs perhaps ruby slipper is more your style.

Hey I like the 'fancy' stuff too. I just don't think my buddy wants to blow the bank for a brunch.
I think Mr. B's will be really crowded as well. I was think get a little further away from the dome. I don't mind waiting but don't want to wait over an hour or so.
Someone suggested the Ruby Slipper. But there is like 4 of them in the city now, and seems more like a 'chain' restaurant. Think I want something a little more authentic and local.
A co worker just suggested Tableau on the edge of the quarter. Anybody been there for brunch?? it looks nice.
Thanks guys!!!

Edit: I should add that we will probably be wearing gameday attire so someplace where jeans and T-shirts/polo shirts are acceptable.

Tableau is not on the edge of the quarter - it's right off Jackson Square. It's good, but probably in the range of "fancy". And you can get away with gameday attire anywhere on gameday.

Hey I like the 'fancy' stuff too. I just don't think my buddy wants to blow the bank for a brunch.
I think Mr. B's will be really crowded as well. I was think get a little further away from the dome. I don't mind waiting but don't want to wait over an hour or so.
Someone suggested the Ruby Slipper. But there is like 4 of them in the city now, and seems more like a 'chain' restaurant. Think I want something a little more authentic and local.
A co worker just suggested Tableau on the edge of the quarter. Anybody been there for brunch?? it looks nice.
Thanks guys!!!

Edit: I should add that we will probably be wearing gameday attire so someplace where jeans and T-shirts/polo shirts are acceptable.

Ruby Slipper is okay. It's more or less a diner with a bar. I consider it local. My first choice would be something like Mr Bs. You might also try Luke. You'll need reservations for those.

Ruby slipper will be jammed.

La pavillion used to have a nice buffet or menu brunch and it’s near your friends’s hotel

Stanley's (also off Jackson Square). No rezzies.

Ruby Slipper on Decatur (can add your name to the wait list from Yelp.)

And there's always Mother's

Luke. Thank me afterwards

man so just looked Luke up. It is pretty close to my buddy's hotel and the menu looks good. Just not very big. And it says it is a creole/German restaurant. That's interesting.
Might have to consider it.

Anybody been to the Palace Cafe on Canal???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom