Question Brunch spot for Sunday before Game (1 Viewer)

man so just looked Luke up. It is pretty close to my buddy's hotel and the menu looks good. Just not very big. And it says it is a creole/German restaurant. That's interesting.
Might have to consider it.

Anybody been to the Palace Cafe on Canal???
Yes, and it's very good, too. I was going to suggest it. Not sure why I didn't. Only ever ate outside but I think the seating is ample for your big group. I nixed suggesting a few places (like Two Chicks on Gravier that is right around the corner from that hotel) that are just better suited for a two top.

Last edited:
Yes, and it's very good, too. I was going to suggest it. Not sure why I didn't. Only ever ate outside but I think the seating is ample for your big group. I nixed suggesting a few places (like Two Chicks on Gravier that is right around the corner from that hotel) that are just better suited for a two top.

Well I should have clarified it is going to be 4 people. My buddy and his fiancee, and me and the Mrs. So.
I am kind of leaning towards Muriel's in Jackson Square but sent my buddy a few of yall's suggesstions and told him to check it out and see which one he likes. He is only here for a day, I can try all these other ones ya'll are suggesting later. Ahhh the joys of living in NOLA!! ;)

Sweet suggestions thanks guys. I have heard of a lot of the ones you guys are suggesting.

I guess I should clarify that we probably don't want the fancy or really pricey places like Commander's or Brennan's. (Plus I don't think we could get a reservaiton this late anyway) I was looking at Muriel's in Jackson Square but it looks kind of fancy. I think we want a little more chill spot.

My B-I-L lives in lakeview and he said his favorite brunch spot is Elizabeth's in the Bywater. Said it's really small and gets very busy though. And they don't take reservations either. So I don't want to have to wait a long time to get a table. Plus it is a little further out. Anybody been there???

I looked at Mr. B's but it is right in the heart of things. It looks pretty pricey and will probably be packed on Sunday morning. Would i need a reservation?

thanks guys

Mr. B’s is fully booked on Open Table but you can call and see what they say. It is pricey but keep in mind that bloody mary’s are $1.50. :)

I salivate over the thought of Mr. B’a barbecue shrimp.

man so just looked Luke up. It is pretty close to my buddy's hotel and the menu looks good. Just not very big. And it says it is a creole/German restaurant. That's interesting.
Might have to consider it.

Anybody been to the Palace Cafe on Canal???

Either is fine. Just go to the one that has a table. You need to call last week for a reservation. At this point you can't be picky.

Update:
So we didn't make reservations anywhere and decided to walk over and try Mr. B's Bistro and it was great!!

Great service and atmosphere and food was really good. I especially loved the Duck Spring Rolls. Everything was very good and even some real New Orleans Jazz. My buddy and fiancee loved it and had a great time at the game.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I will have to try the other ones out now! Who dat!!?

Luke. Thank me afterwards

This is our standby. We were there yesterday and it was awesome as usual. Flamenkuchen and pate are the bomb.

Trenasse across the street is also good and neither are dress code fancy.

Since you're driving, why not choose any place you want and when you head home drop them by the dome so they don't have to walk. That opens all those other places you might want to try down in the quarter.

haha. day late!

Update:
So we didn't make reservations anywhere and decided to walk over and try Mr. B's Bistro and it was great!!

Great service and atmosphere and food was really good. I especially loved the Duck Spring Rolls. Everything was very good and even some real New Orleans Jazz. My buddy and fiancee loved it and had a great time at the game.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I will have to try the other ones out now! Who dat!!?

Awesome man. I love that place. Did you drink the $1.50 bloody marys?

Awesome man. I love that place. Did you drink the $1.50 bloody marys?

Awww no man I didn't have one there but my wife did. I didn't know they were $1.50 though. Must have just not noticed.
I had a drink called the 201. It was some Bourbon and lemon and something else, but it was good.

Awww no man I didn't have one there but my wife did. I didn't know they were $1.50 though. Must have just not noticed.
I had a drink called the 201. It was some Bourbon and lemon and something else, but it was good.

We go just about every time I’m in town. I get the BBQ shrimp (ridiculous), the duck spring rolls, and about three bloody marys.

Replicating their BBQ shrimp is do-able but it’s very labor intensive. You have to stir in the butter cube by cube. But holy crap it’s one of my favorite dishes on the planet.

And the waiters are awesome in there.

Update:

When the Ole lady was impregnated with our 1st kid she had a craving for their Bistro Burger....Top Notch burger. made many a trip there and ALMOST became a regular.
Makers, St Germain and some kind of orange type liquor...The martini isn't bad either
We go just about every time I’m in town. I get the BBQ shrimp (ridiculous), the duck spring rolls, and about three bloody marys.

Replicating their BBQ shrimp is do-able but it’s very labor intensive. You have to stir in the butter cube by cube. But holy crap it’s one of my favorite dishes on the planet.

The BBQ shrimp is off the hook, so is the Rosemary chicken. years ago they had a Lobster ravioli that was slap ya' mama worthy.

Yeah I love BBQ shrimp but they are just so much work sometimes. You get so messy. In fact my buddy got it and they gave him a bib and we were making fun of him for it.
But by the end of the meal the thing was covered with splatters, so good call Mr. B's!!
Yeah cool place, would recommend.

Yeah I love BBQ shrimp but they are just so much work sometimes. You get so messy. In fact my buddy got it and they gave him a bib and we were making fun of him for it.
But by the end of the meal the thing was covered with splatters, so good call Mr. B's!!
Yeah cool place, would recommend.

You gotta wear da bib brah.

I actually don't usually wear the bib when I eat lobster - but BBQ shrimp? Definitely. I tried to be cool before and ended up with a messy shirt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom