Brunell and M Faulk on WWL (1 Viewer)

StChadwick

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=4105954-21a" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=4105954-21a" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

Brunell is a good guy. Many here in Washington thought he was a good QB that just couldn't play well for too long because of his age. I think he will be an excellent backup for us.

Very good interview with Faulk. Why isn't he like the LEAD analyst somewhere or something. That guy is so smart and well informed. I really think he could be a successful coach if he wanted to be. I agree with him, our secondary was hurt by our D coordinator covering up for our LB problems.

BTW, I love that little tool that you have there. I haven't seen anyone post anything like that, great stuff. :)

EDIT: Did that audio sound slowed down to anyone else? It sounded like it was running a few beats slower than live.

Thanks for the recording St Chadwick. I always like Brunell as a player. Listening to Bobby in slow speed is hilarious.

Yeh it sounded slow over here too....I agree with what you say about Marshall. That was an excellent interview and he was spot on with everything he said. They could probably use him on WWL ; )

If Reggie could be half the back Marshall was, he'd be a great one. I think the key thing he said about Bush was that he needs to learn patience. Too many times he gets the ball and he's looking to get in to the secondary. He needs to pick his spots better and just try to get solid positive yardage and the big plays will come. I think as a reciever he's already on Faulks level, but he has alot of work to do before he becomes the rusher Marshall was in the NFL.

I alsoagreed with him when he spoke about our defense. Our scheme isn't creative enough on D and basically all we do is try to fill gaps to help stop the run. We don't come after the QB agresively enough and we put way too much pressure on our DBs.

seems like the encoding's bitrate will be cut in half sometimes with divshare.
that would account for some folk's hearing it slower .
thanks for posting, st chadwick. you're a legend

I listened to Faulk yesterday on WWL and I was impressed that he was very detailed and well schooled on the Saints personnel. Very detailed on the teams Defensive problems and what Gary Gibbs has been doing to disguise the weak links. Mentioned the LB's having trouble dropping into coverage and getting washed out on running plays.

I liked his answer when asked about if Matt Forte was sitting in the 2nd round when the Saints pick, would he be a good pick up for the Saints. Faulk said no and went on to say that Forte to him was the most complete back in the draft to him and Forte is going to be a big addition to some team, But the Saints need to go defense.

Brunell is a good guy. Many here in Washington thought he was a good QB that just couldn't play well for too long because of his age. I think he will be an excellent backup for us.

Very good interview with Faulk. Why isn't he like the LEAD analyst somewhere or something. That guy is so smart and well informed. I really think he could be a successful coach if he wanted to be. I agree with him, our secondary was hurt by our D coordinator covering up for our LB problems.

BTW, I love that little tool that you have there. I haven't seen anyone post anything like that, great stuff. :)

EDIT: Did that audio sound slowed down to anyone else? It sounded like it was running a few beats slower than live.

Good points about Faulk's analyst skills. I get annoyed everytime I hear that Troy Aikman is the best color guy in pro football. To me, he's long-winded and has very little to say. Phil Simms is much more informative and doesn't talk as much.

I listened to Faulk yesterday on WWL and I was impressed that he was very detailed and well schooled on the Saints personnel. Very detailed on the teams Defensive problems and what Gary Gibbs has been doing to disguise the weak links. Mentioned the LB's having trouble dropping into coverage and getting washed out on running plays.

I liked his answer when asked about if Matt Forte was sitting in the 2nd round when the Saints pick, would he be a good pick up for the Saints. Faulk said no and went on to say that Forte to him was the most complete back in the draft to him and Forte is going to be a big addition to some team, But the Saints need to go defense.

A part of his response on Forte is that Faulk believes that Reggie is capable of being a big-time running back for us in the mold of Faulk, himself.

Faulk is right about our LBs and it shows why Rivers would be the best selection if Dorsey and Ellis are both gone. My biggest hope is that with Rivers falling on some boards, he falls to early second. I doubt that would happen as some team would likely take him since he might be the best player on the board when they select. But a guy like Mayo, who could also play WLB might also be appealing. I think we have to improve our front seven the most in this draft and count on McKenzie, Gay and Young to get it done.

Faulk is right about our LBs and it shows why Rivers would be the best selection if Dorsey and Ellis are both gone. My biggest hope is that with Rivers falling on some boards, he falls to early second. I doubt that would happen as some team would likely take him since he might be the best player on the board when they select. But a guy like Mayo, who could also play WLB might also be appealing. I think we have to improve our front seven the most in this draft and count on McKenzie, Gay and Young to get it done.

I agree. I really don't want us to go CB in the first round. We already invested in Gay, Usama, and David. To me it makes no sense to pick a corner unless he is a can't miss prospect. Honestly, I don't see any of those on the board.

I'm not completely sold on Rivers being a top ten calibur talent, but I wouldn't mind adding him to the team. He will be productive in the pros for sure.

A corner, no matter how high he's picked this year, probably won't start anyway, despite how bad our corner play has been. Dorsey, then Ellis, then Rivers is the way to go. Seems like reports have us favoring a corner. Don't know how accurate those are or if they are just smokescreens.

Wouldn't it be nice if a cornerback we drafted fairly high actually panned out, ala Young? He has to work out for us this year. We need him.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=4105954-21a" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=4105954-21a" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

loved the audio. i agree with what what marshall said to an extent. i still think gary gibbs is not a good defensive coordinator though. he focus was solely on stopping the run almost all year long which is why we rarely had blitz packages. this was so disappointing to me. tampa called it early in the year and came out shelling us. they followed the road map laid out by the colts. the saints only recovered briefly against seattle but gibbs never learned his lesson. that is a bigger issue though.

We did blitz but we kept getting pancaked or couldnt shed blocks. I think our lack of physical defense messed us up in training camp and our offense got soft. Lets get physical on defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom