Brunell or Carr (1 Viewer)

bigcobra

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
im sure this has been discussed but i couldnt find it. First, has there been any news of brunell's visit. second, if all goes well with Carr's planned visit, which guy would yall prefer? i would personally prefer Brunell. Carr really sucked it up last year

How about none of them. They both suck. How about just drafting one. There's like seven good quality quarterback in this draft and most of them will slide due to the demand for quarterback. Pick one in the six round and develop him.

I think that Payton might be able to get something out of Carr. With Brees mentoring him, he might be servicable. Brunell was quite player in his day, fun to watch, but he is not the same QB that he once was. I would bring in Quinn Gray for a look.

Draft one and hope like hell you don't need him for a few years. I like Ainge but I don't think he will fall to the 5th round.

Aaron Brooks...

Now while I say that half jokingly...hear me out on this one.
1. He's well rested. :)
2. He's still fairly young and has a strong arm.
3. He's familiar with the offense and some of the remaining players.
4. A lot of his mental errors that cost us games are coachable fixes (Haslett and Shell or Kiffen aren't coaches, at least not QB coaches..can you imagine Brooks trying to smile after an interception with Payton glaring at him on the sideline?)
5. He can probably be had for league minimum and would be happy to return to New Orleans (or any NFL tram for that matter).
6. He did well in his last stint in relief of Jeff Blake.
7. He has Drew Brees to learn from, not Jeff Blake.
8. Despite what a lot of people think of him, he still broke a few Saints passing records.
9. He has a better offense around him now than he did when he was successful with the team.

Am I an Aaron Brooks fan? Hell no. Do I want to see him start? Hell no. But a low risk cheap teachable backup for Brees, he might be. Surely every bit as able as Brunell or Carr. I really want to see Palko step up eventually and be the solid number 2 to Drew.

Ok, having said all that, I await the flaming. :ezbill:

Last edited:
Carr is absolutley terrible. I would rather have a rookie free agent who ain't scared. Carr is worse at holding onto the ball too long than Rob Johnson and Aaron Brooks combined.

Carr.But only if he is cheaper than a 4th - 6th round pick.He's young enough for Brees and Payton to still be able to teach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom