Brushing Teeth: Before or After Breakfast? (1 Viewer)

Brushing you teeth in the morning?

• Before Breakfast

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • After Breakfast

Votes: 26 63.4%

• Total voters
My sister's a hygenist and she always told me people really need to start brushing before breakfast, which I still do. This is because the typical breakfast consists of a lot of acidic foods and drinks. Fried eggs and bacon are the big ones. And the worst offenders are either OJ or coffee, which are both highly acidic.

When you brush right after with those acids on your teeth it damages the enamel. It's best to brush, eat, then either rinse your mouth out or have a glass of water.

I tend to brush my teeth before breakfast, except sometimes on the weekend, I'll eat first, then brush. A lot of it depends on how long I've been up before I make breakfast.

However, usual work day, I wake up, have coffee and a water. Then shower and brush my teeth. I usually eat breakfast when I get to work. Sometimes I'm good about brushing during the day at work, other times, nah. If I have an important meeting or tour, I'll at least use mouth wash.

So, there is some info that brushing too soon after eating, especially something acidic, like Orange Juice, can damage your enamel, since Acids weaken enamel, and brushing too soon with a light abrasive, can cause damage. You should wait 30-60 minutes.

Who eats before brushing? Gross.

There is bacteria there that you are swallowing. Also, you can taste morning breath funk mixed with your food. Disgusting.

Brush again after if you must. I do Listerine right after eating breakfast and brush again before bed!!!!

You know how w/ a BBQ grill where the food doesn't really start to taste all that great off of it until you've done a few meals...where the food captures the "Essence" so to speak of previous meals. Same principle applies to your mouth/teeth...I like to have the "Essence" of last nights meal w/ my breakfast.

You know how w/ a BBQ grill where the food doesn't really start to taste all that great off of it until you've done a few meals...where the food captures the "Essence" so to speak of previous meals. Same principle applies to your mouth/teeth...I like to have the "Essence" of last nights meal w/ my breakfast.
The term is "well seasoned," so you brush after breakfast so you can chew with well seasoned teeth LMAO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom