Bryant Johnson?? (1 Viewer)

cigtyme

Reaction score
Why don't we make a push for this guy, he is tall and was a number 3 or a number 2 if L Fitz or A Boldin was Hurt! He is tall and i think would be a bookend no 2 reciever to go with Colston! He also as far as i know was relatively uninjured in Arizona!

Any Thoughts?

My toughts are... I would have loved to have him here rather than re-signing either Patten or Devery... but the FO seems to think we have no issues to resolve at WR this since they re-signed all of our FA WRs from last year. Also, the FA market being what it is... we would have likely had to pay Johnson twice what we paid Patten and Devery to come back... and we still need to re-sign Colston in a bad way... so....

right now our last year's no. 1 pick (meachem) has to be considered the no. 2,, in whom we have tied up a lot of money...Devery and patten are the de facto 3 and 4 (though patten will probably start the season as no. 2)...we can't sign Johnson for no. 5 money....

I would rather of signed him and "dropped" Devry and patten!

Don't have the speed of Henderson, don't have the consistency of Patten, and when Boldin and Fitzgerald was hurt it was Jerheme Urban that went off, not Johnson.

Don't have the speed of Henderson, don't have the consistency of Patten, and when Boldin and Fitzgerald was hurt it was Jerheme Urban that went off, not Johnson.

Johnson is twice the receiver of either Patten or Henderson.

Despite being a former 1st rounder he hasn't played like it yet, that's why he hasn't received the kind of offers he hoped for in free agency. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes a one year contract ala Devery.

Yes. But, sadly in this FA year, he's also more than twice as expensive. That rules the Saints out right there.

I am not sure if we are in the market for a receiver, but Johnson is having some interest from several teams and won't come cheap.

A cheaper alternative as of now (again, if we are in the market) is Drew Carter.

Bryant Johnson is not much of an upgrade from Devery Henderson. The Cards coaching staff and fans were fed up with him dropping passes much like we are with Henderson.

Why don't we make a push for this guy, he is tall and was a number 3 or a number 2 if L Fitz or A Boldin was Hurt! He is tall and i think would be a bookend no 2 reciever to go with Colston! He also as far as i know was relatively uninjured in Arizona!

Any Thoughts?

I think he would be an upgrade from our second WR platoon that we have now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom