Bryant McKinnie? (1 Viewer)

Scotlandsaint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>McKinnie did say the New Orleans Saints are showing some interest. There's uncertainty at their left tackle spot with Jermon Bushrod's exit.</p>&mdash; WNST (@WNST) <a href="https://twitter.com/WNST/status/314868574739107840">March 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It would be a good short term fix and par for the course; Loomis refuses to go into a draft with obvious needs.

for the first part of the year, then the NOLA food will start to weigh him down, but if he can block for Flacco, he can be an all pro for Brees

I thought he lost his skills at the end of his time in Minny. However, he did pretty good in Baltimore.

PROs: He's big, experienced, has won a ring, who as far as I know never gotten his QB beheaded.

CONs: A helping of everything else.

Fine with him as a backup, stopgap measure. If he's our starter on gameday, then we may be doing Drew a disservice.

McKinnie is a beast in the run game. If he is in shape (big if), I'd go as far as to say he is a short term upgrade over Bushrod.

McKinnie is a beast in the run game. If he is in shape (big if), I'd go as far as to say he is a short term upgrade over Bushrod.

If we can get him cheap 1) He might be an upgrade over Bushrod but if not 2) signing Watson allows us to either take a chance with a traditional RT or provide help for a mid round rookie. I am really not concerned about LT. We are not going to leave that spot unstable or without protection.

He would a great pick up for short term and pick a LT in the later rounds. If Brees made Bushrod a pro bowler, McKinnie would be one here too.

I would like this move a lot. McKinnie would look elite in our scheme.

I'd like for Marcel Jones to solidify himself as our RT. McKinnie and Jones at LT and RT? That's some size right there. 6'8 350 and 6'7 320. Good lord...

Brees would have a gloooooorious pocket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom