Bubble idea for the NFL (1 Viewer)

saveFerris9

" Still Shaking it boss "
Reaction score
I was thinking about the most effective way that the NFL could use the bubble model to make the season safe and functional .
I was thinking that a place like Houston with the Astro dome and NRG stadium right next door . You could put say, two divisions in a bubble with two stadiums . They can play games simultaneously , you do this with four bubbles in various places that have football fields or stadiums in close proximity . Any of you guys and girls know of city's that have places to hold games like that ? Houston just stood out because those stadiums are literally across the street from each other .
I want games in the Dome as much as anyone , would love for the season to be normal but its not gonna happen .

Why indoor stadiums? It's just as feasible and probably safer to play games outdoors. The real question, though, is what to do with the players when they're not playing. Would you want to live in the ancient Astrodome for 4 months?

The best idea probably would have been to have each division play a round robin tournament in one neutral location with the winners advancing to a playoff tourney ending with the Super Bowl. But it’s the NFL and it ain’t going to happen cause they aren’t adaptable or flexible.

Why indoor stadiums? It's just as feasible and probably safer to play games outdoors. The real question, though, is what to do with the players when they're not playing. Would you want to live in the ancient Astrodome for 4 months?
I was using Houston as an example , yes outdoor games would be better if its possible . Fans will be limited at games this year out of fear or mandate . They could even use this model for playoffs and Superbowl . Just bubble the playoff teams and do the same a Superbowl time .

My idea was a DFW bubble. Each division shares a hotel and stadium. Half of your schedule requires no travel. The other ones will be just taking a bus across town. Stadiums are AT&T (Arlington), TCU (Fort Worth), Star (Frisco), Toyota (Frisco), UNT (Denton), Cotton (Dallas), SMU (Dallas)...Since the Rangers are playing in their stadium the 8th may have to be one of the really nice high school stadiums in Allen or McKinney.

My idea was a DFW bubble. Each division shares a hotel and stadium. Half of your schedule requires no travel. The other ones will be just taking a bus across town. Stadiums are AT&T (Arlington), TCU (Fort Worth), Star (Frisco), Toyota (Frisco), UNT (Denton), Cotton (Dallas), SMU (Dallas)...Since the Rangers are playing in their stadium the 8th may have to be one of the really nice high school stadiums in Allen or McKinney.

This works better. There will be no fans anyway so using the really nice high school facilities would work.

The Astrodome is in no way ready to host anything.

The sad thing, as others have mentioned, is that seems like the league is not even trying. You need to start reserving rooms and stadiums Now.

The Astrodome is full of asbestos and is not equipped to host anything any time soon.

If you want a bubble, then NFL teams would need to basically rent out their own hotels preferably near their stadium or practice facility. For example, the Dallas Cowboys have the Omni Frisco at The Star which is literally attached to their practice facility. I believe that's where they stay prior to home games. The Saints have the Hyatt across the plaza from the Superdome. They would need to bus to Airline Drive each day for practice.

For what it's worth, hotels are not raking in the revenue these days. I would think that, if they wanted to, each franchise could work something out with a hotel with 300 rooms or so in order to get their bubble established.

The bubble idea makes no sense unless these players intend on living in said bubble 😂😂

They have tooo many employees for a bubble.

They have tooo many employees for a bubble.
You mean they're too cheap for a bubble. Obviously the operating staff would have to be reduced but we'll see.

Have stadiums in 2 different cities.
Play 2 games on Saturday and Sunday in each city. Have the players stay in nearby hotels. Just spitballing here

You mean they're too cheap for a bubble. Obviously the operating staff would have to be reduced but we'll see.
You’re talking about 32 teams with about 80 men rosters plus staff, rehab, doctors, dietations, catering, and etc. Where we need 32 training facilities, 32 weight rooms, 32 practice fields and 16 game day fields.

Then, you have equipment management, film rooms, and catering.

It's a logistical, housing, and facility nightmare.

It's frankly not financially feasible.

Have stadiums in 2 different cities.
Play 2 games on Saturday and Sunday in each city. Have the players stay in nearby hotels. Just spitballing here
That's what I am proposing , just four city's instead of two . With those 8 teams only playing each other . Once playoff teams are decided between the four bubbles you go to a playoff bubble .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom