Buccaneers "Hot" on Bridgewater... (1 Viewer)

TB in TB. I'd rather he go elsewhere. They have a good coach, now, and have been stockpiling talent. I like the guy and he'll be hard to pull against. But pull against him I will.

I hope he goes to the Chargers. We got one of their QBs, they get one of ours. That seems fair.
The Chargers need some sizzle. Nothing against Teddy but he’s not the kind of signing that would inspire that market.

If they do sign Teddy, they better have some other form of shock and awe up their sleeves.

This was the risk the Saints took when they chose the cheaper route with Taysom Hill in letting Teddy walk. out of the multiple QB needy teams who are compatible with Bridgewater, TWO of them are in the NFC South. while team improvement is always #1, the fact that you're taking the young man whom the Saints had in their grasp is certainly icing on the cake, and extra incentive to sign Teddy.

While there will always be reason to compare Teddy's success with Taysom Hill regardless of where he ends up, to be on the Buccaneers or Panthers would have triple impact to where you're not only adding wins to your team, but you're edging out the Saints division standing, and unlike with other teams, you're playing against Teddy twice every year. Potentially for the next decade. If Taysom flops and Teddy becomes the answer for the Bucs or Panthers, you're potentially having a front row seat to the QB whom you let walk for Taysom Hill. This would be the kind of move that gets people fired.

Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist I'm not predicting this will happen, I'm just pointing out the risk in letting Teddy walk is handing a potential bomb to your enemies.

Me too on Teddy getting paid.

As for the Bucs... 30 interceptions.
You think those players would love to rally behind a QB that didn't give the other team 2 free possessions per game.
I'd like to know how many of those were DEEP balls. I mean, if they were, I guess they could count for punts?

Great point. What Teddy did that was truly elite was become the team leader and gain 110% support from his teammates. Players loving playing for Teddy. Teddy could be the perfect QB to turn the attitude of that entire team around. And we tend to forget that Teddy has only played 2.5 seasons in the NFL. There's a real good chance he will improve in the right system with the right HC. I want Teddy to get $25 mil per year, but not under Arians.

No no no no no no no no no.
He knows all our secrets.

Winston is the perfect face for that franchise.
Come on Arians!!! Give Jameis another chance!

I’d love it. Not impressed with him as a QB. Also knowing all of our secrets could possibly prompt Sean to make some changes to our very very stale offense.

This was the risk the Saints took when they chose the cheaper route with Taysom Hill in letting Teddy walk. out of the multiple QB needy teams who are compatible with Bridgewater, TWO of them are in the NFC South. while team improvement is always #1, the fact that you're taking the young man whom the Saints had in their grasp is certainly icing on the cake, and extra incentive to sign Teddy.

While there will always be reason to compare Teddy's success with Taysom Hill regardless of where he ends up, to be on the Buccaneers or Panthers would have triple impact to where you're not only adding wins to your team, but you're edging out the Saints division standing, and unlike with other teams, you're playing against Teddy twice every year. Potentially for the next decade. If Taysom flops and Teddy becomes the answer for the Bucs or Panthers, you're potentially having a front row seat to the QB whom you let walk for Taysom Hill. This would be the kind of move that gets people fired.

Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist I'm not predicting this will happen, I'm just pointing out the risk in letting Teddy walk is handing a potential bomb to your enemies.
I have no idea if Taysom will flop or not, but I am absolutely certain that I’m not afraid of Teddy at all. Not. One. Bit. He’s a mediocre game manager.

I’d love it. Not impressed with him as a QB. Also knowing all of our secrets could possibly prompt Sean to make some changes to our very very stale offense.

Well, I had my tongue in my cheek when I typed that.

In all honesty, the main reason I don't like the idea of Teddy going to TB is that he would stabilize their offense. With Winston throwing 30 INTs, they still went 8-8. How many games did he cost them? Coaching and QB play has been what's kept the Bucs down for years now. I think they fixed the coaching by bringing Arians in. I don't like the idea of them upgrading their QB, especially with a guy I like.

As for Teddy, I think he's exactly what the Bucs need. He's not a QB that will win you a lot of games on his own, but he's not one that will lose games for you either. The Bucs have been winning despite their QB. Nothing makes me believe they wouldn't win more if they didn't have to overcome bad QB play.

Well, I had my tongue in my cheek when I typed that.

In all honesty, the main reason I don't like the idea of Teddy going to TB is that he would stabilize their offense. With Winston throwing 30 INTs, they still went 8-8. How many games did he cost them? Coaching and QB play has been what's kept the Bucs down for years now. I think they fixed the coaching by bringing Arians in. I don't like the idea of them upgrading their QB, especially with a guy I like.

As for Teddy, I think he's exactly what the Bucs need. He's not a QB that will win you a lot of games on his own, but he's not one that will lose games for you either. The Bucs have been winning despite their QB. Nothing makes me believe they wouldn't win more if they didn't have to overcome bad QB play.

Great post. Totally agree on your last point.

I have no idea if Taysom will flop or not, but I am absolutely certain that I’m not afraid of Teddy at all. Not. One. Bit. He’s a mediocre game manager.
As I've said before, we don't know what Teddy look like with a offensive coach behind him. He was getting betting better and more comfortable in our offense (I think he had his best game against TB). Division opponents are always tough, and stabilizing the QB position may be a bigger challenge than we realize. I think TB may be the best fit because most teams are looking for bridge vet to help transition a rook. I wish him the best except when he plays us.

As I've said before, we don't know what Teddy look like with a offensive coach behind him. He was getting betting better and more comfortable in our offense (I think he had his best game against TB). Division opponents are always tough, and stabilizing the QB position may be a bigger challenge than we realize. I think TB may be the best fit because most teams are looking for bridge vet to help transition a rook. I wish him the best except when he plays us.

I wish him the best as well.

There is an article in The Athletic (a paid site) from yesterday that takes this TB to TB a step further.

I have never really been a Winston fan, but he has crazy arm talent. SP's history of developing QBs is Romo a fringe talent UDFA and Brees, an extremely hard working master at his craft surgeon. Winston would be a talented under achieving top pick who needs structure and the right team culture, mentor and coaches for him to realize his potential. Winston's career completion % is 61.3%, if Payton could get that up to 70% or above, that would be an extremely high powered offense. If SP wants a challenge after Drew retires, reigning in and getting the most out of Winston would be a challenge. If he could do it would add to his legacy as a QB guru and offensive genius. SP's MO is to find players who have be cast aside or counted out and develop them into stars.

Here’s an intriguing QB swap that would not involve a trade

Could Teddy Bridgewater parlay his 5-0 starting record with the New Orleans Saints last season into a starting job for Tampa Bay? Could Buccaneers starter Jameis Winston wind up replacing Bridgewater as a backup to the Saints’ Drew Brees? Taysom Hill would remain a featured player in New Orleans’ offense under such a scenario. Winston would have a shot at succeeding Brees longer term. And if Brees were injured or suddenly fell off, Winston would give the Saints a puncher’s chance.

“I am hearing Tampa Bay is hot on Bridgewater,” a GM said. The article projects the top 10 picks and a few other topics one of which is TB to TB with Winston replacing TB as Brees' backup.

That would leave Winston on the outside for Tampa Bay, and possibly elsewhere. How many teams in a buyer’s market will offer a starting job to a player known for making poor decisions on and off the field? Winston was suspended for three games in 2018 after the NFL determined he touched a female Uber driver “in an inappropriate and sexual manner without her consent” two years earlier. Winston tossed 30 interceptions this past season.

“The only way you can put Winston behind somebody (as a backup) is if the starter is an old guy who is completely established and has one or two years left,” an evaluator said.

Which coach might think he could fix Winston?

“Sean Payton,” the evaluator replied.
“New Orleans wants to keep Taysom as their gadget guy. To do that, they need a No. 2. They can sell it by saying Brees has one year left, so just spend a year with Sean and become the starter in 2021.”

I've never looked at it but what was Drew's QB profile in San Diego?
There is an article in The Athletic (a paid site) from yesterday that takes this TB to TB a step further.

I have never really been a Winston fan, but he has crazy arm talent. SP's history of developing QBs is Romo a fringe talent UDFA and Brees, an extremely hard working master at his craft surgeon. Winston would be a talented under achieving top pick who needs structure and the right team culture, mentor and coaches for him to realize his potential. Winston's career completion % is 61.3%, if Payton could get that up to 70% or above, that would be an extremely high powered offense. If SP wants a challenge after Drew retires, reigning in and getting the most out of Winston would be a challenge. If he could do it would add to his legacy as a QB guru and offensive genius. SP's MO is to find players who have be cast aside or counted out and develop them into stars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom