Buccee’s (1 Viewer)

Had my first Buc-ees experience yesterday on 95 in Florida.

We were in there 45 minutes. I got half a pound of spicy jerky - eating some now, it’s fantastic.

My kids (7 and 9) thought it was awesome. My wife, who is at times too booshie for her own good, walked in looking like someone farted and insisting that we need masks because this was a Covid cesspool. After I convinced her to go to the bathroom (she’s a sucker for a clean bathroom) I lost her for 15 minutes. Then I find her with a basket and she says “I love these Easter shirts for the kids, and look at this sun screen, and did you see that brisket sandwich, wow! Oh, I think I want some sugar almonds!”

I was like yeah, I told you.

lol.
I just stopped by the one in Terrell, Tx. They were out of everything. Cashier said they were really busy the past few days but It looked like a Russian grocery store.

I just stopped by the one in Terrell, Tx. They were out of everything. Cashier said they were really busy the past few days but It looked like a Russian grocery store.
That's crazy. But they're in a great location along busy I-20 for traffic leaving/traveling to Dallas.

There's a Buccee's 15-20 mins from me in Royse City on I-30. The most I go there for is ethanol-free gas that I use for lawn equipment.

Making a trip to Houston in a couple of weeks. Will stop at Buccees for sure.

Making a trip to Houston in a couple of weeks. Will stop at Buccees for sure.

back in Dec 2021 we were flying home from Denver- re-routed to Hobby due to fog in MSY had closed airport.

LAnded at 7pm - was so mad - kids had school following day- so we scrambled for 3 hrs to finally find a rental car ( never knew how hard it is to find a ONE WAY car ) - got on road around 10pm. Kids were sacked out in back. As we got on I10 East, like 11pm my wife was like " OMGZ A Buccees! "

dude...my kids jumped awake and both "cmoooon DAD STOP! "

we did. I got 2 teens eating snacks, an ICEE and added 40 min to our trip lolol.

back in Dec 2021 we were flying home from Denver- re-routed to Hobby due to fog in MSY had closed airport.

LAnded at 7pm - was so mad - kids had school following day- so we scrambled for 3 hrs to finally find a rental car ( never knew how hard it is to find a ONE WAY car ) - got on road around 10pm. Kids were sacked out in back. As we got on I10 East, like 11pm my wife was like " OMGZ A Buccees! "

dude...my kids jumped awake and both "cmoooon DAD STOP! "

we did. I got 2 teens eating snacks, an ICEE and added 40 min to our trip lolol.
This is exactly what Buccees was created for.

Had my first Buc-ees experience yesterday on 95 in Florida.

We were in there 45 minutes. I got half a pound of spicy jerky - eating some now, it’s fantastic.

My kids (7 and 9) thought it was awesome. My wife, who is at times too booshie for her own good, walked in looking like someone farted and insisting that we need masks because this was a Covid cesspool. After I convinced her to go to the bathroom (she’s a sucker for a clean bathroom) I lost her for 15 minutes. Then I find her with a basket and she says “I love these Easter shirts for the kids, and look at this sun screen, and did you see that brisket sandwich, wow! Oh, I think I want some sugar almonds!”

I was like yeah, I told you.

lol.
My kids are 8, 10 and 12, and I think our wives are cut from the same mold. After a couple of years of trying to get her to agree to stop there, it's now a staple every time we go to dallas (2 - 3 times a year)

Now my wife has taken to buying buc-ees merch everytime we are there, we have blankets, balls, dolls, tshrts, hats.

I created a monster.

Sorry, I'm not a fan. It was a fun novelty on the first visit or two, but the food doesn't line up with my tastes (though I haven't tried the brisket). Clean rest rooms and 3000 gas pumps are my only reasons for stopping. Mostly for gas on the drive back from Houston. If I'm going to eat with little regard to my diet, I'll take Whataburger or DQ as a pitstop alternative any day.

Sorry, I'm not a fan. It was a fun novelty on the first visit or two, but the food doesn't line up with my tastes (though I haven't tried the brisket). Clean rest rooms and 3000 gas pumps are my only reasons for stopping. Mostly for gas on the drive back from Houston. If I'm going to eat with little regard to my diet, I'll take Whataburger or DQ as a pitstop alternative any day.
try the brisket. i tried that and a chicken sandwich, brisket is great.

my kids are going for the first time april 14. they're excited.

For you Tx folks that drive 35 from DFW on down to Waco, Austin, San Antonio, I read this morning that Buccee's is planning to build their largest location in Hillsboro, despite having a location also in Temple. Kinda makes you wonder why there isn't a location there now with 35W and 35E merging in Hillsboro.

For you Tx folks that drive 35 from DFW on down to Waco, Austin, San Antonio, I read this morning that Buccee's is planning to build their largest location in Hillsboro, despite having a location also in Temple. Kinda makes you wonder why there isn't a location there now with 35W and 35E merging in Hillsboro.
I wonder if they will put a Kolache station in there since they are practically neighboring the true Kolache country.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom