Buckeyes and BCS title game: Third time's a harm (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Behind enenmy lines in Atlanta via New Orleans &am
Wow.....Talk about slamming the door in the Big 10's face.

NEW ORLEANS -- With the 2007 football season complete, here's the game plan for 2008: We need border patrols along Interstate 10, from Jacksonville to Pensacola. A Coast Guard blockade at Biscayne Bay. And the FAA should redirect all inbound flights to South Florida from Ohio.
If you see a silver helmet and a sweater vest coming, contact authorities.
Because next year's BCS National Championship Game will be played in Miami, and the Ohio State Buckeyes aren't invited. Especially if the Southeastern Conference champion is invited.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3186010&sportCat=ncf

"And he should know not to bring that weak Big Ten stuff back to the BCS National Championship Game again next year."

Weak Sauce

He can say that all day long but if Ohio State is one of the only two teams from a BCS conference with no losses, or only one loss, they'll be right back in it.

He can say that all day long but if Ohio State is one of the only two teams from a BCS conference with no losses, or only one loss, they'll be right back in it.

What Pat Forde is saying is that no team from the Big 10 should be invited to the BCS game even if they deserve to be there statistically.

If you've ever seen lions maul a water buffalo, you've seen the last two title games. You've seen a fierce pair of SEC teams -- Florida last year, LSU this year -- blow the vulnerable Buckeyes back to the Bratwurst Belt by a combined 41 points. You've seen the best of one league flex, and the best of an inferior league collapse. Nobody wants to see it a third time. Give Ohio State credit for consistently being very good -- but until Jim Tressel's team proves it can step up to the highest level of competition and actually stay on the field with an SEC opponent, stay away.

When the program's bowl record is 0-9 against the SEC, the evidence is overwhelming.

True dat. Forde later says:

"In this conference, week after week, you're going to play quality-coached, very talented teams and you're going to have to play your best," Miles said. "And so I think it puts the champion of this conference in position to compete in a very competitive game like this with an advantage."

Ohio State, meanwhile, now symbolizes the pigskin Peter Principle. The Buckeyes have achieved just enough the past two seasons to rise to a level where they're incompetent.

WOW!!! I admit that I'm a LSU & SEC homer, but even I think he was just a little too harsh on Ohio State. But I have to also admit that I agree with him on about most of what Forde is saying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom