Buckle Up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Who Dats - Sorry about this. I'm trying out the Mozilla browser and made a mistake. This was not intended to be a separate thread, so I move it over to the Coach Pete - Burrow thread.

Sorry for my incompetence at Firefox

edit: so I moved it over to page 191 of the Coach Pete - Burrow thread

Last edited:
So Taysom likely gone for a pick. They can use that pick to move up or get a second presumably first round pick. It should be very interesting all the way through first round.

I'm looking forward to it. There are so many moves the FO can make to get the capital needed to make a power play or two.

The Browns absolutely need a LT and are projected to draft one at 10. They are also switching to a zone blocking scheme. That team has a lot of talent, but it is dysfunctional. I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped all over TA for #10/Njoku. They are trying to move on from Njoku and could use a veteran LT who can step right in and be the leader on that offensive line.

If you factor in what trading Kamara and Rankins would get, that's easily another 2nd and 3rd, 2 2nds or something in that range.

If they place a 1st tender on Taysom and not match an offer, then that's another 1st.

That's 3 1sts and multiple 2nds and the untouchables are still in tact.

I’d hate it if Taysom didn’t return, but if he wants to be a starting QB (sooner rather than later), moving on may be his best bet.

I’d like to believe that Burrow is a live option. I do believe that the Saints are interested, that they’ve talked deal
structure, etc...and would pay a king’s ransom, but there are other teams with more disposal assets than we have. Also, it’s quite possible the Bengals plan on picking him, and are just seeing how far a team is willing to go, in hope that someone makes them a deal they can’t refuse.

His agent has even told them that they have a massive offer from an XFL team for 2 years and he is not afraid to take it if he has to play for the Bengals. Is that posturing? I have no idea nor does the source. We know the player who the Bengals will likely take if they don't get Burrow and its not a QB.
This part doesn't make sense. I think the salary cap for an entire team in the XFL is around $4 million or so, so they cannot get a massive offer that would scare any NFL team.

This part doesn't make sense. I think the salary cap for an entire team in the XFL is around $4 million or so, so they cannot get a massive offer that would scare any NFL team.

It could be an endorsement. Imagine the headline "Projected #1 NFL pick spurns NFL for XFL to be the face of the XFL."

Please provide an example from the 90s to today of a team jumping from around 24 to 1 and the capital given up for that one player.

I’d hate it if Taysom didn’t return, but if he wants to be a starting QB (sooner rather than later), moving on may be his best bet.

I’d like to believe that Burrow is a live option. I do believe that the Saints are interested, that they’ve talked deal
structure, etc...and would pay a king’s ransom, but there are other teams with more disposal assets than we have. Also, it’s quite possible the Bengals plan on picking him, and are just seeing how far a team is willing to go, in hope that someone makes them a deal they can’t refuse.

Hey Nature Boy! The shot at Burrow is real. But 4 other teams are after him also. And no one insides the Saints knows what the Bengals owner will ultimately do. But the Saints are having active talks with Cincy. The Saints went back to Cincy late last week and said basically, "Instead of us offering you what we think you want, would you tell us what it would take from us to get Burrow." I didn't go into the gym today so I don't know if they responded yet.

Sorry for my incompetence at Firefox
Firefox is easy to use... You will get used to it quickly... And don't forget to switch your default search engine to duck duck go for that additional level of privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom