Bucky Brooks Good, Bad and Ugly (1 Viewer)

Gekler722

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Now I know that his is all fluff and off-season filler but I was caught off guard with Bucky's "ugly" for the Saints

The good: The Saints' defense finished second in the league in takeaways, and their opportunistic ways resulted in seven defensive scores. Although the unit struggled during the final stretch of the regular season, it regained its swagger during the playoffs and carried New Orleans to the Super Bowl title.

The bad: The Saints lost their final three regular-season games, leading to questions about their ability to recapture the momentum from their 13-game winning streak and their worthiness as title contenders.

The ugly: The debauchery taking place on Bourbon Street after the Saints bring home their first Super Bowl title. The celebration has been aptly dubbed "Lombardi Gras" because it came one week before Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Now im not sure if he is being sarcastic or what but im pretty sure every Superbowl team has some sort of celebration back home. I know for a fact that it went extremely well from an incident standpoint. Who knows. :idunno:

Where do they go from here? The Saints captured the country's attention on their way to winning their first championship. Yet, coach Sean Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis must make a series of prudent roster decisions to ensure New Orleans' standing as a title contender next season.

And that's different from any other contending team, how? Of course they have to make prudent roster decisions. Duh, that's part of their job every year. He words it in a way that sounds as if they have very little chance at doing so. Judging by their track record, I don't see any reason to doubt they will maneuvre the roster succesfully yet again. A nice draft for the defensive line and the Saints defense could become as much of an unstoppable behemoth as the offense is...and yes, NFL, you should be afraid. Be very afraid.

Debauchery? I wasn't there for the Super Bowl or the parade, but I was for the NFCCG. No arrests during the whole period following the game, and just a bunch of incredibly happy people.

Other cities set fire to cars, and we go out in the cold, yell our heads off, and catch beads. What debauchery? From everything I've read, it was an incredibly well behaved and happy celebration.

If Bucky Brooks wasn't there, how does he call it ugly? And if he was, what did he see that made it that way?

Sounds like someone is jealous he wasn't there. Besides, it was too cold out to get too debauched.

Typical New Orleans bashing. He doesn't know what he's talking about and is just reaching for something to criticize the Crescent City with. Living in East Texas, I can't tell you the number of times people express shock to me when I tell them I take my kids to Mardi Gras. They think everyone everywhere is taking off their tops, getting stupid drunk, and being lewd. They have no idea what a family-oriented event it is and how nice people are during carnival.

I just wrote nfl.com about it. Here's what I said:

Bucky Brooks calls the debauchery on Bourbon Street ugly? Was he there? What was ugly about it? All reports I saw were talking about how happy and well behaved the crowd was. I've been on Bourbon Street a lot during my life, having gone to LSU. I was there after the NFCCG, and it was full of incredibly happy people who were hugging strangers and high fiving everyone in sight. I'm not crazy about debauchery, but there was nowhere else on earth I would rather have been. It was pure joy--nothing ugly about it.

Other cities have burned cars and vandalized buildings. New Orleans yelled their fool heads off and hugged their neighbors, and Bucky Brooks calls it ugly.

I'd like to know whether he was there, and if so, what he saw that was so ugly and was not reported elsewhere.

And if he wasn't there, then this is irresponsible reporting that hurts New Orleans effort to rebuild, which are based on tourism.

You can write them, too.

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

Wasn't there a stabbing on Bourbon after one of the games? Can't remember if it was the NFCCG or the SB but I remember the live camera from one of the NOLA news station showing the scene. All in all, pretty tame but just sayin.

I googled it and found nothing about a recent stabbing on Bourbon Street. I'm not in New Orleans, so it could have been on one of the stations there, but I can't find it.

Dude is just straight-up stupid!

Sounds to me like he couldn't come up with anything and just defaulted to "that crazy Mardi Gras." Did he not even watch the CNN and NFLN coverage? Even his "The bad" was a stretch and rendered moot since...

WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!

Well said Saint Tex. It's sad that national reporters can just make moronic statements like that with no basis in fact. Wilbon said something just as stupid on PTI before the parade about how it was going to be so bad with people doing nothing but flashing, ignorance is bliss i guess.

Last edited:
It just goes to show that many so-called experts can report on it and write articles on it, but they don't TRULY understand it. He just doesn't get it. I feel sad for him in a way. To be so completely clueless about one of the most historic events in our lifetime is a shame.

Anybody who could call it a debauchery obviously has no clue or an iota of understanding about this team and what it means to not only New Orleans, but Saints fans everywhere.

Dude is just straight-up stupid!

Sounds to me like he couldn't come up with anything and just defaulted to "that crazy Mardi Gras." Did he not even watch the CNN and NFLN coverage? Even his "The bad" was a stretch and rendered moot since...

WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!

Typical New Orleans bashing. He doesn't know what he's talking about and is just reaching for something to criticize the Crescent City with. Living in East Texas, I can't tell you the number of times people express shock to me when I tell them I take my kids to Mardi Gras. They think everyone everywhere is taking off their tops, getting stupid drunk, and being lewd. They have no idea what a family-oriented event it is and how nice people are during carnival.

Sounds like someone is jealous he wasn't there. Besides, it was too cold out to get too debauched.

Not to mention, (unless things have changed since the 80's) most of the Mardi Gras debauchery is perpetrated by the flood of tourists from outside of the state of Louisiana.

Bucky Brooks might be the most inept person that nfl.com employs.

Not sure why he has a job.

And I haven't even read what he said. It's just based on past experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom