Bucky Brooks has the Saints taking LSU's Kristian Fulton at 24 (1 Viewer)

Played well in college and got talked up by every announcer, but I always felt he lacked confidence. He will be a good player, but I don't think he has the makeup to be great/elite. Hope he proves me wrong.

I’d be kind of bummed if the Saints spent their 1st round pick on LSU’s 3rd best DB.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here as a guy who watched every LSU game multiple times and several of them in person this past season.

Fulton is the Mike Thomas of the 2020 draft. The guy that everyone who drafts a corner will kick the HELL out of themselves for not taking.

3rd best LSU corner? No. The freshman is a once in a lifetime football player. Therefore, Fulton saw a LOT of targets. And he handled it well. Bring him to new orleans and we don't have to worry about Apple, or Jack-rabbit, or Chris Harris. Maybe not immediately... but very soon, we'd have 2 elite S/D corners.

He will not make it to 24

From the combine:

Kristian Fulton ran a 4.46 forty.

in comparison:
CJ Henderson 4.39
Jeff Okudah: 4.48
Jeff Gladney 4.48

So it turns out his timed speed which was supposedly his biggest question mark doesn't appear to be an issue, at least compared with the rest of the projected 1st round corners.

(I'm interested to see the 10 yard splits, can't find them yet)

I'm a LSU fan hardcore and I would pass. He is a decent corner, but was beaten like a drum in some games. Stanley is the CB for LSU that you want but he is a true freshman. Now if he could be gotten in the second round then sure, CJ Henderson is who you want in the first round.

Man corners are great and all, but is there any chance we could get a corner that’s great in zone? :)

I'm a LSU fan hardcore and I would pass. He is a decent corner, but was beaten like a drum in some games. Stanley is the CB for LSU that you want but he is a true freshman. Now if he could be gotten in the second round then sure, CJ Henderson is who you want in the first round.
You are high. Fulton has been the best CB in the SEC the last two years. If you're not taking Fulton for your imagined criteria then you're not taking any CB in this draft.

You are high. Fulton has been the best CB in the SEC the last two years. If you're not taking Fulton for your imagined criteria then you're not taking any CB in this draft.

Nope not high. We don't need a #2 CB, we have one already(Jenkins was #1 on the team in ints). You could resign PJ for the slot, and draft a CB in the third round for depth. We didn't lose against the Vikings because of bad secondary play (I'm giving Lattimore a pass, Jenkins who everybody wants to get rid of for Apple shutdown Diggs), we lost due to not being able to move the ball effectively down the field.

Nope not high. We don't need a #2 CB, we have one already(Jenkins was #1 on the team in ints). You could resign PJ for the slot, and draft a CB in the third round for depth. We didn't lose against the Vikings because of bad secondary play (I'm giving Lattimore a pass, Jenkins who everybody wants to get rid of for Apple shutdown Diggs), we lost due to not being able to move the ball effectively down the field.
Apple, and PJ Williams are both possibly gone as Free agents.

I'm fine with Jenkins but he is 31 years of age, and that is a position that can fall off quickly post 30. Even then he's only under contract for next season.

After that your 4th Corner would be Patrick Robinson who's 32, and also only under contract through 2021.. and he could be a cap cut.

I think the odds are highly likely the Saints are going to Draft at-least one Corner some where this year. (not saying it has to be in the First round)

Plus Lattimore's 5th year option year is coming up in 2021.. so you're going to have to have some cheap rookie corners under Contract if he get's a Huge extension.

I would be a little surprised if we drafted him. Though I wouldn't mind bc since Ireland has arrived our drafting has been pretty darn good.

I’m not an LSU homer or even an LSU fan. I prefer Diggs, but the LSU defender I would like to see in a saints uniform is Patrick Queen. The biggest whole on our defense is Mike. Klein is another year older (and a FA), and you can’t count on Anzalones health. Craig Robertson is another year older and not ideal to have him taking meaningful game snaps

Last edited:
Given our 1st round pick history to go defense, it wouldn't surprise me. Yet I say that we need offensive talent. We cannot continue to scrape the barrel looking for answers. We are no where near loaded on that side of the ball.

Nope not high. We don't need a #2 CB, we have one already (Jenkins was #1 on the team in ints). You could resign PJ for the slot, and draft a CB in the third round for depth. We didn't lose against the Vikings because of bad secondary play (I'm giving Lattimore a pass, Jenkins who everybody wants to get rid of for Apple shutdown Diggs), we lost due to not being able to move the ball effectively down the field.
1) You always need more CBs.
2) The Saints play more than just the Vikings next season, so they're not going to plan their future roster off that loss.
3) They get Jenkins for another year, they they got to pay him AND Shon big contracts. You need to draft a guy now because keeping both after next year is unlikely.
4)You ALWAYS need more CBs.
5) If he's the BPA, you take him regardless because the other option is to reach for a guy who isn't worth #24.
6) Judging a CB on interceptions is like judging pass rushers on sacks: ignorant.

We ain't picking a CB in the 1st... I like Fulton.... but since Brees is back for a curtain call... they have to get him a weapon on the outside opposite MT13, or some protection inside on the Line... If they stay put at #24... It'll be a WR or O-Lineman.... If they trade up or down... Then all bets are off and they are targeting a specific guy(s).

And sure, they could address WR and O-line in free agency, and not take them in the draft... but they won't... they will address them in both.

I think Apple or Jack Rabbit will be back next year at CB opposite Lattimore.

I think the odds are highly likely the Saints are going to Draft at-least one Corner some where this year. (not saying it has to be in the First round)

Well yea but I think the odds of that are high almost every year for every team. You just can’t get enough of them. So the odds that any team is picking at least one in most drafts is high. And Payton has said he thinks this class is deep there as well as WR. But that means we can likely see a steal in round 3 or later. This past year the greatest scarcity IMO was at wideout. In free agency and during the season. If it hadn’t been, we would have had another one and would have never even let the likes of AB near our Airport, much less in Airline Dr. I think we are going to get a stud in round one. And maybe another later, with the rest of the picks likely centered on lineman and DBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom