Bucky Brooks latest mock draft has two guards going in the top 10 [mod edit title] (1 Viewer)

I really like Star...I think he will be great. But man I am just so scared of DT in the first round. Their bustability is just so high.

Bustability pretty much happens at every position with a first round selection.

But for comfort I will point out there have been many successful 1st round DTs in recent years (it even used to be a habit for Belichick in New England when he first turned his club into a winner)...

Dontari Poe - too early to tell but with 16 starts he doesnt seem like he is a bust just yet.
Marcell Dareus
Phil Taylor
Ndamukong Suh
B.J. Raji
Haloti Ngata
Vince Wilfork
Tommie Harris
Ty Warren

And there are tons of solid 1st round DEs...
Bruce Irvin
Chandler Jones
Aldon Smith
J.J. Watt
Robert Quinn
Cameron Jordan
Jason Pierre-Paul
Chris Long
Mario Williams
Mathias Kiwanuka
Demarcus Ware
Marcus Spears
Will Smith

I really like Star...I think he will be great. But man I am just so scared of DT in the first round. Their bustability is just so high.

I would think that "bustability" (is that a real word?) applies to almost any of the 1st Round picks who fall at 15 and below.

I know a lot of people like Ansah right now. I disagree that he is as good a selection as Jordan because unlike Jordan I do not think Ansah is a good fit in the 3-4 defense. I think he's an unpolished DE in an even front who will take some time to learn and adjust to the pro game. Once he does, sky is the limit. But I do not think he would be a good fit at OLB, and I know that is an unpopular opinion around here.

An unpopular but true opinion. This one reminds me of the obsession over Ladarius Green last year. Green became one of the forum favorites because there was some thought that the Saints would lose Colston. But after Colston got re-signed, people could NOT get it out of their heads that Green was no longer a great pick for the Saints.

Same applies to Ansah. He was a great pick a month ago when the Saints were a 4-3 defense looking for a RDE. Now...he is just not a good fit for the 3-4. 3-4 DE...maybe. 3-4 OLB. Absolutely not.

If Star is at 14 we have to get him. No way we should let that opportunity pass us by.

If this would be the order, we would have to go Star! Man I want that bad@$$ NT! Does the fact that it's Carolina in front of us hurt our chances to move up, or make it more expensive (eg move up more)....?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom