Bucky Brooks mock at NFL.com (1 Viewer)

He's still green behind the ears too..Only 1 year at the FBS level..No doubt he's athletically gifted but for the Saints to take on a offensive project with a 1st rnd pick while we have serious defensive needs IMHO would be a mistake..No way am I saying I wouldn't love to have him it just doesn't seem to the right move right now..

I'd rather not do it either. I'd only do it in Bucky Brooks' scenario. I'm praying that the BPA when we pick is a defensive player.

I think the team will fill most of its needs in FA though.

I would not be upset if we picked Werner at 15 but if Jarvis Jones was there I would pick him.

I think if Jones falls that far, it's because something is seriously wrong with him medically. His career could easily be cut short a la Marcus McNeil.

If he falls to 15, he's probably falling to the second round.

Ugh...Manti Teo ran a better 40, and he's no pass-rusher. I don't see how we don't take Jones if he's still around.

I'm hoping with the Chiefs signing Albert they won't go OT and Johnson falls to us.

All Albert signing did was increase the value of Bushrod. It's not a good thing. The Chiefs could still turn around and draft an OT.

I just can't get excited about drafting an offensive lineman in round 1.

I agree with you that drafting an O-lineman is never a sexy, exciting pick. But, a solid O-lineman that can be a starter will have a lot more impact on your offense than 1 WR that may touch the ball a few times a game.

What will Eddie Lacy be as a NFL RB? Do you tend to think he's more of a Mark Ingram or Trent Richardson? Bama's O-line was stacked this past season! Was he a product of that, or is he just that good?

I agree with you that drafting an O-lineman is never a sexy, exciting pick. But, a solid O-lineman that can be a starter will have a lot more impact on your offense than 1 WR that may touch the ball a few times a game.

This....very unsexy but a very good will be one of your most valuble players for 10+ years. I just dont see them going through FA without addressing OT. Be it resigning Bushrod or someone else.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ugh...Manti Teo ran a better 40, and he's no pass-rusher. I don't see how we don't take Jones if he's still around.

I wholeheartedly agree, and disagree at the exact same time. Werner is a pure football player. You cant fake the numbers he logged on the field. Meanwhile, the combine NEVER tells the whole story of how good these kids are. I dont buy into the football olympics, because almost none of that stuff show up on the field. The 40 applies mainly to skill position guys and DBs. I dont care really care what a DL or LB runs, and Werner's time wasnt bad at all. Clocking a great 40 is just a plus, but it doesnt really matter, in my opinion.

But that being said, if Jarvis Jones falls, I dont care who else is on the board, I think he should be our guy. I dont care what he runs, how many reps he benches, how high he jumps, etc. All I needed to see is what this guy did in the games. Jones is a one man army!

What will Eddie Lacy be as a NFL RB? Do you tend to think he's more of a Mark Ingram or Trent Richardson? Bama's O-line was stacked this past season! Was he a product of that, or is he just that good?

I don't think he compares to either.

While you're right about their offensive-line, he seemed to be able to create a lot of his yards on his own after first contact.

I honestly don't know how he will fare in the NFL, but I would rather him not end up in Atlanta or Green Bay.

@nfldraftscout: Chiefs, Steelers, Vikings, Saints, Ravens and Seahawks worked out MSSU DT Brandon Williams today. Should be first D2 player drafted.

I wholeheartedly agree, and disagree at the exact same time. Werner is a pure football player. You cant fake the numbers he logged on the field. Meanwhile, the combine NEVER tells the whole story of how good these kids are. I dont buy into the football olympics, because almost none of that stuff show up on the field. The 40 applies mainly to skill position guys and DBs. I dont care really care what a DL or LB runs, and Werner's time wasnt bad at all. Clocking a great 40 is just a plus, but it doesnt really matter, in my opinion.

But that being said, if Jarvis Jones falls, I dont care who else is on the board, I think he should be our guy. I dont care what he runs, how many reps he benches, how high he jumps, etc. All I needed to see is what this guy did in the games. Jones is a one man army!

Yep, I totally agree 98% of the time. Good Combine #s don't equal a good football player and tape is absolutely more important. He just seemed a bit stiffer and slower than I expected based on all the hype I was hearing. I see him being a great DE in a 4-3, but I couldn't really picture that guy in space rushing off the edge and trying to cover. I'm far from a football expert though. In Loomis I trust.

I think he will be a really good/great DE in the NFL but not an OLB. I don't know what his 10 yard split was in the 40 but he doesn't look to have the burst needed to be a Pass Rushing OLB and doesn't have the expiernce to cover TE's and RB's. Of course he is raw and can improve, I'd rather have someone who can come in and contribute right away.

@nfldraftscout: Chiefs, Steelers, Vikings, Saints, Ravens and Seahawks worked out MSSU DT Brandon Williams today. Should be first D2 player drafted.

Am hoping he is there when we pick in the 3rd but I'm afraid he may be gone by the time we pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom