Bucky Brooks mock at NFL.com (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He has us taking Warner at 15:

"Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is installing a 3-4 scheme in New Orleans, but the Saints lack an explosive edge rusher to make it happen. Werner, who led the ACC with 13 sacks, displays the first-step quickness to wreak havoc. "

Jarvis Jones is out of the first round..

Rest of the mock:

2013 NFL Mock Drafts : NFL Mock Draft: Chiefs select Eric Fisher

Even though I don't like the mock for us I gotta respect the guy for having some picks that don't follow every other mock out there. The draft never goes how everyone thinks it will. I'd bet this is closer to what we'll see that all other ones I've seen.

If the draft shakes out like that, I'd either like us to trade down and draft a guy like David Amerson/Desmond Trufant or stay put and take Cordarelle Patterson, who to me, would be by far the best player available at that point.

If the draft shakes out like that, I'd either like us to trade down and draft a guy like David Amerson/Desmond Trufant or stay put and take Cordarelle Patterson, who to me, would be by far the best player available at that point.
Another Tennessee WR...Uhgggg.. Do they ever pan out?? While I do like Patterson our history with TN WR is not that good.Maybe the thought should be the 3rd time is the charm??I don't know..For sure Sean's gonna find him a toy in the draft but not with the first pick..

I think this is a realistic post combine mock but I don't like Werner. If the draft shook up like this I would take Vaccaro Tavon Austin or Patterson. Banks 40 yard dash hurt him.

Another Tennessee WR...Uhgggg.. Do they ever pan out?? While I do like Patterson our history with TN WR is not that good.Maybe the thought should be the 3rd time is the charm??I don't know..For sure Sean's gonna find him a toy in the draft but not with the first pick..

I don't think our previous history with Tennessee WRs has anything to do with Patterson's ability. Look at this kid, he's NOTHING like Stallworth or Meachem. He's more like a Julio Jones combined with Reggie Bush's running skills.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RjxkQXlCAfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Patterson didn't really impress at the combine.

Anyway i think werner would be wasted and not so good as a 3-4 lb as he would be as a 4-3 de. I'd much rather vaccaro or whoever else at this point..on D

Patterson didn't really impress at the combine.

Anyway i think werner would be wasted and not so good as a 3-4 lb as he would be as a 4-3 de. I'd much rather vaccaro or whoever else at this point..on D

I don't know what combine you watched. Patterson solidified himself as a top 10 pick with his combine.

He's still green behind the ears too..Only 1 year at the FBS level..No doubt he's athletically gifted but for the Saints to take on a offensive project with a 1st rnd pick while we have serious defensive needs IMHO would be a mistake..No way am I saying I wouldn't love to have him it just doesn't seem to the right move right now..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom