Bucky Brooks Mock Draft 5.0 (1 Viewer)

The LSU Hacks are out in full force

Normally I would agree with you and I'm an LSU fan. But to call it crazy and homerism to think the Saints should take a consensus top 20 talent at a position of extreme need is well crazy and simply LSU hate.

I have no idea if Mingo can develop into a great player of if someone is that will be available is better, but I know that we need a pass rusher and that Mingo has been listed as one of the top pass rushers in college football for three years and has been considered a top 10 pick for two years. So, barring Jarvis Jones, who is apparently more polished and NFL ready falling to us, I can't see how taking Mingo is crazy or just LSU homerism.

In the 2009 draft we took Malcolm Jenkins over a kid by the name of Clay Matthews. I'm pretty sure Loomis and Payton remember that draft very well. If things play out similarly and both Vaccaro and Mingo are available I'm positive we'll take the pass rusher this time. It would be the best thing to do.

To be fair, 24 other teams passed on Clay (so did the Packers after picking Raji with their 1st pick). It's easy to second guess after having access to the the results.

But I hear what you are saying. Also, remember, we were starving at CB at the time and Jenkins was a highly touted prospect. Just goes to show you how much of a crap shoot it is.

If we take Mingo, over Vaccaro and Patterson, I was seriously give up hope of Loomis + Payton ever landing the better stud left on the board in the first round.

Patterson should be the pick there followed by vaccaro then Mingo.

Just not high on Patterson. I'd take Vaccaro there if I cant trade back. Not super high on Mingo.

Some of the draft gurus on this board really need to get a grip on themselves. I realize you guys spend lots of time watching :gamefilm:, and having an opinion on or liking/disliking a player. And that's great. Everybody needs a hobby and that's as good a hobby as any. But realize it's just that, a hobby.

When you take it to the level of bashing an NFL front office about whether or not they take a certain player, you really have to try to get some perspective on the fact that not matter how much :gamefilm: you watch, you are still an amature getting paid to do something other than evaluate and coach NFL level talent and the fact that these guys get paid a lot of money to do just that.

Say whatever you like. But we've commonly whiffed on 1st round picks during this regime. Mingo would be just that in the 1st round.

How? Vaccaro is tubucky jones 2.0. And Patterson is a one year star. The defense needs to keep being upgraded. Do you forget we're COMPLETELY switching schemes. This involves DIFFERENT types of players. Mingo is gonna be a pass rushing freaking, ala Alden smith. He's fast physical and mean.

Maybe you're right and maybe you're not. If I were a betting man, I would guess not.
I take football players over talent freaks. I liked Brandon Flowers in that draft and was disappointed.

Vaccaro and Patterson, while being talent freaks to some degree, aren't as close to workout warriors as Mingo. Funny how Mingo started to disappear in games against average olines after losing the best college secondary in the nation. (Claiborne, honey badger) yes Im an LSU fan. Yes I was high on Peterson and Claiborne and nearly wanted us to go Ricky Williams style draft just to get one em. No, Mingo will not be a star in the NFL

Say whatever you like. But we've commonly whiffed on 1st round picks during this regime. Mingo would be just that in the 1st round.

We haven't even drafted him so how can you use the logic that he must be bad because we drafted him?

As if that's sound logic to begin with. By your logic, we should just not draft anyone at 15 because we know that it will be a bad pick and that would only waste cap room.

I think that was a need pick at the time. Plus Matthews is best fit in the OLB role of 3-4 rushing the passer. We were still in the 4-3, so I can't fault them too much there. Now, situations such as trading up for Ellis, trading back into the first for Ingram (with a plethora of running backs already on the roster and us not being a power run team), or even p rob at 32 is fair to wonder about. I know we aren't experts, but sometimes you have to wonder lol overall loomis and Payton have done a pretty good job in the personnel department, but they have their fair share of first round whiffs (too early to call Ingram a bust)

There was a lot of support for Jenkins; he was a popular guy around here. A lot of people were ecstatic about trading up for Ellis. I liked both picks at the time and am still hopful for Jenkins. Hindsight's 20-20, but the 2008 (Ellis) draft had a lot of busts and marginal talents. Jerod Mayo and Ryan Clady were the only guys in that range that have been solid contributors. I may be in a small minority here, but I'd like to see Ellis re-up for a year to see if he fits in with the new scheme.

Dion Jordan 13 to the Bucs?? I'm not so sure he actually fits in with what they actually do lol.

15, 16, 17 should be interesting. Rams and Steelers both need a receiver. If they both covet the same guy, could be a potential trade down to 17. That's IF we don't go after one (Austin) -cough.

If dion jordan last to 12, and we sit back and take mingo instead of trading up while leaving better football players on the board, I will be very disappointed.

I still think dion jordan falls to us, he would not do well in a 4-3

We haven't even drafted him so how can you use the logic that he must be bad because we drafted him?

As if that's sound logic to begin with. By your logic, we should just not draft anyone at 15 because we know that it will be a bad pick and that would only waste cap room.

Your backwards. Im saying I believe mingo would continue our bad luck of first round picks due to bad decisions, something that im hoping changes this draft. I understand its the internet, but no need to twist things around to make someone seen like an idiot because you disagree. Especially an opinion thats so incredibly simple to understand. Its very simple reasoning. I believe Mingo will be average at best.

Maybe you're right and maybe you're not. If I were a betting man, I would guess not.
I take football players over talent freaks. I liked Brandon Flowers in that draft and was disappointed.

Vaccaro and Patterson, while being talent freaks to some degree, aren't as close to workout warriors as Mingo. Funny how Mingo started to disappear in games against average olines after losing the best college secondary in the nation. (Claiborne, honey badger) yes Im an LSU fan. Yes I was high on Peterson and Claiborne and nearly wanted us to go Ricky Williams style draft just to get one em. No, Mingo will not be a star in the NFL

Mingo is a physical freak. But it's not just numbers buddy. He has the fastest first step in the entire DRAFT. Mingo was also asked to do something different than he would playing in a 3-4. His responsibilities in the 4-3 DIFFER completely. His play style is PERFECT for a 3-4 pass rusher his SPECIALTY. Vaccaro is not a bad player. But you don't pass up an Alden smith for Brandon merriweather. That's why you aren't a gm or coach. That'll get you fired. I like Patterson, I do, but we have capable and PROVEN wr. Our defense was attrecious. Why Rob the defense a pass rushing dominant player for a fast WR? Think about it

Mingo is a physical freak. But it's not just numbers buddy. He has the fastest first step in the entire DRAFT. Mingo was also asked to do something different than he would playing in a 3-4. His responsibilities in the 4-3 DIFFER completely. His play style is PERFECT for a 3-4 pass rusher his SPECIALTY. Vaccaro is not a bad player. But you don't pass up an Alden smith for Brandon merriweather. That's why you aren't a gm or coach. That'll get you fired. I like Patterson, I do, but we have capable and PROVEN wr. Our defense was attrecious. Why Rob the defense a pass rushing dominant player for a fast WR? Think about it

I am thinking about it. Im firm on drafting BPA, and in that mock draft I dont think Mingo is BPA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom