Bucky Brooks Mock Draft 5.0 (1 Viewer)

If dion jordan last to 12, and we sit back and take mingo instead of trading up while leaving better football players on the board, I will be very disappointed.

Trade up? With what? We've got 5 picks this year. If we used 1 or 2 to move up to pick up a Dion Jordan, I'll be even more disappointed. We've thrown away and had enough picks taken away from us already as is.

If dion jordan last to 12, and we sit back and take mingo instead of trading up while leaving better football players on the board, I will be very disappointed.

You're willing to use two picks on Jordan? I'm not saying we should or shouldn't, but we need a lot of talent on defense. Without our 2nd round choice already, I don't think we can come out of this draft with only one choice in the top 110 picks. We're not (1) player away from being a dominate defense, were trying to build a SOLID defense and you need talent across the board to do that...

Trade up? With what? We've got 5 picks this year. If we used 1 or 2 to move up to pick up a Dion Jordan, I'll be even more disappointed. We've thrown away and had enough picks taken away from us already as is.

I get your point but I would rather give up a middle pick next year to land Jordan than to sit back and draft Mingo. I think Galette and Wilson will get more snaps than Mingo and be more productive. Jordan, I view as a boom or bust player. He could be the next Ware or the next Golston. Mingo, I think will be no better than Quentin Groves.

I like Jordan but I wouldnt trade up for him. This draft is deep enough to sit back and take defensive BPA or trade back a few spots and collect picks.

I still feel there will be decent pass rushers available at 15 due to what has transpired in free agency. There are tons of OL need in the top 10 and this is still a QB league. Someone will get ansy and trade up.

In the 2009 draft we took Malcolm Jenkins over a kid by the name of Clay Matthews. I'm pretty sure Loomis and Payton remember that draft very well. If things play out similarly and both Vaccaro and Mingo are available I'm positive we'll take the pass rusher this time. It would be the best thing to do.

Yeah, we really screwed the pooch on that one. :covri:

I am thinking about it. Im firm on drafting BPA, and in that mock draft I dont think Mingo is BPA.

Bpa. Sure lets draft a db with no pass rush. Great idea. Oh wait, WE TRIED THAT, repeatedly. Ed Reed couldn't shine without Terrell sugs rushing. You don't get the fact that ANY qb who has all day to sit in the pocket is going to look like Peyton manning? You say you'll "lose all faith in the fo of we draft mingo" welhy haven't you yet? Ellis, Jenkins meachem, bush, p-rob, Ingram, Jordan

See any stars? 3 aren't even on the team. Mingo will be a dominate 3-4 pass Rusher. But sure. Lets take a safety who's going to end up lookin like Harper or Jenkins because we can't get to the qb, or a wr. Lord knows his stats will be huge, due to the fact that we'll have to score 40-50 a game to win any, cuz we sure as hell can't stop anyone. How'd this year go again?

Bpa. Sure lets draft a db with no pass rush. Great idea. Oh wait, WE TRIED THAT, repeatedly. Ed Reed couldn't shine without Terrell sugs rushing.

Its not a pass rush vs coverage debate. Its an opinion that Mingo is not BPA opinion. You also haven't a clue if we do or don't have a pass rush. And Ed Reed DID shine in his rookie season without Suggs.

While I'm no scout, I can understand being wary of Mingo. I think he can very well be an outstanding prospect if he gets coached right because he has all of the tools and has shown that he can be in the upper elite as far as rushing the quarterback goes. He has had problems where it seems he faded away at times. That is a concern and a reason he isn't a consensus top 10 pick.

But to downplay him as a workout warrior and not a true football player, and then suggest trading up to grab Dion Jordan?

Mingo may have left a lot of plays on the field, but he was fairly productive his entire career (while being considered a first round pick for the last 3 years). Jordan's stats leave a lot to be desired. Especially in the PAC 10 (12). He is all athlete. I wouldn't mind the Saints drafting him.

Its not a pass rush vs coverage debate. Its an opinion that Mingo is not BPA opinion. You also haven't a clue if we do or don't have a pass rush. And Ed Reed DID shine in his rookie season without Suggs.

You're kidding right? Did you not watch any games last year? Same dline From last year. How much pressure did we get on the qb?

And because Reed still had a PASS-RUSH

to be blind to the most glaring need on our roster and really pass up a huge NEED over a shiny new toy is ignorance and will leave the team in this mediocre rut we've been In

You're kidding right? Did you not watch any games last year? Same dline From last year. How much pressure did we get on the qb?

And because Reed still had a PASS-RUSH

to be ignorant and really pass up a huge NEED over a shiny new toy is ignorance and will leave the team in this mediocre rut we've been In

Lol. If you say so. But heres a little bit of reality for you. NFL coaches and Managers rarely draft for immediate starters. They draft potential that they believe they can coach up over the next year+ in hopes of becoming starter. General Rule of drafting.

Now whats the first thing Rob Ryan and Rex Ryan do when implementing their defense? Seconday. How many pass rushers have we brought in for visits? None? How many DBs have we met with? 3?

Interesting. Like it or not. DB is clearly viewed as more important to their scheme than pass rusher.

Your backwards. Im saying I believe mingo would continue our bad luck of first round picks due to bad decisions, something that im hoping changes this draft. I understand its the internet, but no need to twist things around to make someone seen like an idiot because you disagree. Especially an opinion thats so incredibly simple to understand. Its very simple reasoning. . .

I wouldn't necessarily argue with the above, although I think Mingo has a chance to be great. But, that's not what you said in the first place.

As far as Mingo, sure he could be a bust, any player can be, but to categorize him as just an athletic freak is plain wrong. The guy is a football player who happens to also have great athletic gifts. Hell, if he had not gotten a stomach virus in the second half, he may have won the Oklahoma State game. He was taking that game over when he went out sick.

In fact, given how lanky he is, I think he is far better suited to play Rush LB in a 3-4 than be a DE in the 4-3. The 3-4 is much better suited to his strength which is straight line speed where as setting the edge in a 4-3 requires a lot more strength and technique. Which are things he need to work on. He actually reminds me of Galette with much better closing speed, a couple extra inches to bat down passes and a body that could add another 15 to 20 pounds of muscle without losing speed.

Lol. If you say so. But heres a little bit of reality for you. NFL coaches and Managers rarely draft for immediate starters. They draft potential that they believe they can coach up over the next year+ in hopes of becoming starter. General Rule of drafting.

Now whats the first thing Rob Ryan and Rex Ryan do when implementing their defense? Seconday. How many pass rushers have we brought in for visits? None? How many DBs have we met with? 3?

Interesting. Like it or not. DB is clearly viewed as more important to their scheme than pass rusher.

That's probably true and it's because you can create pressure using the scheme and by bringing pressure from odd places. But, that does not rule out taking a pass rusher if there is a guy available that they have rated above the other guys at other positions. This team has consistently either moved up to get players that they have targeted or when they stayed put drafted the guy that had separated himself from the rest of their remaining board.

That's probably true and it's because you can create pressure using the scheme and by bringing pressure from odd places. But, that does not rule out taking a pass rusher if there is a guy available that they have rated above the other guys at other positions. This team has consistently either moved up to get players that they have targeted or when they stayed put drafted the guy that had separated himself from the rest of their remaining board.

I never said it did. What have I been toting? BPA. I don't care if its a pass rusher, or a DB, or a tackle, or a WR. BPA. And I sure as heck don't believe Mingo, in that mock draft is BPA. Now if BPA is RB, I may be disappointed. But it is what it is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom