NFL Bucky Brooks predicts Kyler Murray will be NFL MVP this year. (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When I first saw the headline I thought it a very long shot. After reading the article I could see why Brooks thought Kyler will win the league MVP. He'll have some tough competition though against the likes of Brees, Wilson, Mahomes and Lamar Jackson.

It wouldn’t surprise me. The fact that Brees has not won that award once in his career is a sham, therefore I could care less about that award. I see that award as “the AP’s favorite player award“ now.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kyler win either. AZ looks like they are going to run a very pass happy offense. Plus it seems that the media these days always loves the new rising star and are more than happy on building a season long narrative for them.

Will Brees be able to play 16 games is what I'm worried about...

It wouldn’t surprise me. The fact that Brees has not won that award once in his career is a sham, therefore I could care less about that award. I see that award as “the AP’s favorite player award“ now.
and the fact that Newton and Ryan got one proves even more that it's a sham...

How original. Someone says this in EVERY single MVP thread. I knew someone would say this as I started reading this thread.

This is definitely not the forum for someone who doesn't want to see recycled jokes and cliches.

Don't forget all the times leading up to seemingly every draft where people want to give up next year's #1 because "we'll be drafting #32 in the first round next season".

Tremendous athlete with very high potential. But two things.

First, against the Saints last year, too many of his passes were really off the mark.

Second, MVP goes to players on playoff, if not championship, teams, and Arizona may still be the fourth team in a tough division.

With Brees, Brady, and Rodgers all nearing the end of the road... and guys like Matt Ryan and sCam Newton tapering off and trending downwards... the NFL is wanting the new crop of young QBs to gain the steam and momentum to carry the league into the future. Mahomes got his ring and MVP, L-Jax got his MVP, so it would make sense for Murray (who is very talented) to get a MVP also... it’s good for business.

Burrow or Tua will also get a MVP awarded to them in the next 2-4 seasons as well.

With Brees, Brady, and Rodgers all nearing the end of the road... and guys like Matt Ryan and sCam Newton tapering off and trending downwards... the NFL is wanting the new crop of young QBs to gain the steam and momentum to carry the league into the future. Mahomes got his ring and MVP, L-Jax got his MVP, so it would make sense for Murray (who is very talented) to get a MVP also... it’s good for business.

Burrow or Tua will also get a MVP awarded to them in the next 2-4 seasons as well.
🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

mahomes and jackson got MVP's because they were the most deserving, not because they were the youngest.

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

mahomes and jackson got MVP's because they were the most deserving, not because they were the youngest.

I never said that either player didn’t deserve the award... just that they won it.
...and with them getting the award, it also helps the popularity and future of the NFL... That’s why (IMHO) Brees really didn’t have a shot at winning the MVP 2 seasons ago when he broke his own completion % record and set more all-time records in the season where the Saints were cheated out of a Super Bowl appearance vs the Rams... Mahomes has a great season too, but the MVP was already decided, and it wasn’t going to the guy with 1-2 seasons left to play... it was going to the guy with 10+ seasons in front of him.
If you think the MVP has nothing to do with the narrative the NFL is pushing, then you’re just being naive.

Mahomes has a great season too, but the MVP was already decided, and it wasn’t going to the guy with 1-2 seasons left to play... it was going to the guy with 10+ seasons in front of him.
If you think the MVP has nothing to do with the narrative the NFL is pushing, then you’re just being naive.
The MVP rarely goes to a player in their first 5 years. Manning and Brady both won MVP's late in their career.

the nfl isn't pushing a "narrative", the MVP is voted on by sports writers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom