Bucky Says what we've all been thinking (1 Viewer)

They didn't mention the biggest addition...literally. Drafting a new LT to replace Armstead gives the team a damn good offensive line to provide the protection and blocking that will make this offense one to fear. We got two WR's that ballers and a rookie that was a baller in college. Add to that you have the best all around RB in the league. Winston would have to absolutely be Jamarcuss Russell bad to not have success with that many weapons and I just don't see that happening. Dude has been in tyhe same system for a 3rd year with a competent play caller.

I cannot wait for the season to start. This offense and the deep ball threat is going to make moving the ball a hellavu lot easier.

Last edited:
He must've added that to keep us from tearing him apart for not having Lattimore as a top 5 CB.
I wasn't expecting to see Latt. He hasn't been included in a lot of these "best of" or "top" lists over the years. Sometimes he's not even in the top 10. I can understand why though. His performance is totally dependent on the type of WR he defending. If he's playing a big, strong, fast, man beast of a WR then he can look like the best Corner in the league. At times he totally erases WRs like that. But if he's lined up against a small or average size WR who has short area quickness and agility, it can get ugly. I would trust Latt against Terrell Owens but Marvin Harrison would go for 250 and 4.

I was happy to see Latt bounce back and play more consistently last season. He was able to post a PFF grade of 77.3 after posting a 59.1 the year before. 2020 was a really rough year for him.

18. MARSHON LATTIMORE, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

If Lattimore’s career was flipped in reverse order, there’s a reasonable chance that he would be inside the top five on this list. Instead, he’s heading in the wrong direction.

Lattimore’s PFF grade has fallen from 86.1 as a rookie to 77.5 (2018), 65.6 (2019) and 59.1 (2020) in the three years since 2017. The seven touchdowns allowed into his coverage this past season were tied for second-most of any cornerback in the league. He still showcases lockdown man-coverage ability at times, but it has been less consistent of late.

Maybe we can still sneak up on most of the so-called "experts" out there who have blinders on regarding this team's prospects for the 2022 season.

Bucky Brooks has not done us a favor by recognizing the obvious.

As far as Taysom Hill is concerned... once he learns to properly play the TE position... he can make the deep middle of the field a Saints' stomping ground.

Last edited:
Any updates on Taysom and that foot of his?
I mean he got hurt in January and given the severity it could be an 11 month recovery.
I know the info on him was multiple surgeries as well.
Possibly 2 surgeries and a third to remove hardware helping the healing process.
If that's the case he could start the year on IR.

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting to see Latt. He hasn't been included in a lot of these "best of" or "top" lists over the years. Sometimes he's not even in the top 10. I can understand why though. His performance is totally dependent on the type of WR he defending. If he's playing a big, strong, fast, man beast of a WR then he can look like the best Corner in the league. At times he totally erases WRs like that. But if he's lined up against a small or average size WR who has short area quickness and agility, it can get ugly. I would trust Latt against Terrell Owens but Marvin Harrison would go for 250 and 4.

I was happy to see Latt bounce back and play more consistently last season. He was able to post a PFF grade of 77.3 after posting a 59.1 the year before. 2020 was a really rough year for him.

Latt’s not “headed in the wrong direction.” He had another pro bowl season last year and dominated consistently.

The Saints top 3 WRs from last season are now their 4th, 5th, and 6th WR. That’s a major overhaul.

While Callaway was the top WR last season, Deonte Harris was their best WR. Harris (Harty now) is a legit weapon for the offense, and the Saints would be doing themselves a disservice if they don’t find ways to get him the ball.

*Now for something that really grinds my gears… Pete Carmichael helped to develop the Saints offense with Sean Payton.. PC has been with the Saints since Payton took the reigns. He knows the offense better than anyone else in the world (aside from Payton himself), but he gets zero credit! Even though PC has had 3 seasons where he was calling the plays (and the Saints offense ranked 1st, 2nd, and 1st in those 3 seasons) he is still viewed as big downgrade from Payton. Payton was a great HC, he was a master motivator and leader… but in terms of just running an offense and calling the shots, I have a ton of faith in PC!

*Now for something that really grinds my gears… Pete Carmichael helped to develop the Saints offense with Sean Payton.. PC has been with the Saints since Payton took the reigns. He knows the offense better than anyone else in the world (aside from Payton himself), but he gets zero credit! Even though PC has had 3 seasons where he was calling the plays (and the Saints offense ranked 1st, 2nd, and 1st in those 3 seasons) he is still viewed as big downgrade from Payton. Payton was a great HC, he was a master motivator and leader… but in terms of just running an offense and calling the shots, I have a ton of faith in PC!

When you don't know... you don't know. No one outside of New Orleans knows how much of an influence Pete Carmichael has had on the Saints offense. I mean... he's only been here for 16 years, and he has held the OC title for all 16. So he kinda does know a little tiny bit about how the "Payton" offense is run. They give Payton every ounce of the credit, which is fine, but PC deserves more respect than he has gotten since Payton left.

I guess it's all up to PC to show the league that he's no slouch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom