Bucs begging Brady to stay (1 Viewer)

The guy is gonna be 45 next season. I don't know how ANY defender doesn't put a little something extra when they get a clean shot at him. I know if I was playing, I'd be hitting him extra hard, legally of course.

Brady didn't look like Brees his last year, but he's definitely slipping.

And the offensive talent around him will only be worse this coming season. Brady has to decide whether he wants to go out with a recent SB in his back pocket, or if he wants to risk going out with a whimper. The Bucs could easily only win 9-10 games next year even with Brady.

As a numbers nerd, I'm confused as to how, and if, his new, very expensive Hummer would count against the salary cap. Does the gifting of non-cash compensation get included in his salary cap number, or, is this a sketchy way to attempt to circumvent the salary cap?

What’s the value of a hummer as a portion of Brady’s salary? I imagine it’s the monetary equivalent of my employer trying to persuade me to stay by offering me a voucher for breakfast at Waffle House.
It's not a question of money. It is the exclusivity of having one of only 12 made, and what one would have to go through to get it.

Brady didn't look like Brees his last year, but he's definitely slipping.

And the offensive talent around him will only be worse this coming season. Brady has to decide whether he wants to go out with a recent SB in his back pocket, or if he wants to risk going out with a whimper. The Bucs could easily only win 9-10 games next year even with Brady.
Slipping? The dude lead the league in all major passing categories. He also led a 24 point comeback in the playoffs until his defense blew it at the end.

Tom Brady will likely make the decision based on his family not money. While the local drama of Payton's departure may seem relevant I doubt it is. Brady originally signed a two year deal. That deal is up but Brady extended a year for cap purposes that rescinds a portion of his bonus if he leaves. Gronk has said he would be out if he had to decide and has a $5million dead cap number. Gronk's deal is up. If Brady goes the Bucs have a $24 million dead cap. Fournette, Godwin, Suh, Pierre-Paul, Cappa, Carlton Davis, OJ Howard, and Ryan Jensen are all free agents. That offense looked pedestrian for much of the games without additional weapons than Mike Evans.

As a numbers nerd, I'm confused as to how, and if, his new, very expensive Hummer would count against the salary cap. Does the gifting of non-cash compensation get included in his salary cap number, or, is this a sketchy way to attempt to circumvent the salary cap?
Yeah, if this is true I sure hope the Bucs bought him this trying to get him to stay, that's circumventing the salary cap and should net some big fines.

Tom Brady will likely make the decision based on his family not money. While the local drama of Payton's departure may seem relevant I doubt it is. Brady originally signed a two year deal. That deal is up but Brady extended a year for cap purposes that rescinds a portion of his bonus if he leaves. Gronk has said he would be out if he had to decide and has a $5million dead cap number. Gronk's deal is up. If Brady goes the Bucs have a $24 million dead cap. Fournette, Godwin, Suh, Pierre-Paul, Cappa, Carlton Davis, OJ Howard, and Ryan Jensen are all free agents. That offense looked pedestrian for much of the games without additional weapons than Mike Evans.
Brady also said he wanted to play until age 45. It is hard to know what he will do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom