Bucs Defense (1 Viewer)

Michael Thomas, Alvin Kamara, and Drew Brees played 10 quarters together this season. Something to think about.
If you want to compare players who have been together for how many seasons, to a team that is comparatively just getting to know each other, ok! But you really didn't need to point that out on my behalf, I've already said you guys have the best team right now. Personally, I believe even if we pull it off, the Saints are still a more complete team this season. But I hope next year we prove otherwise!

I want you to ask yourself this question as objectively as you can: If the Bucs offense scored 34 points in the first outing and then 38 in the second, would you respect the Saints defense or would you realize that this could simply a bad matchup for the Saints?

Your point is well taken and I've already offered up respect for where the Saints are right now as a team. Yes, you are in a pretty comfortable position. That said though, this is the NFL, and it IS the playoffs where any team can and has won! But like I said, I was just offering up some food for thought or discussion, and not trolling or smack talking.

Funny how Buccaneer fans come out of the woodwork since Tom Brady signed. They were nowhere to be seen on this forum last year. At least the 5 Falcon fans that exist support thier team even though they stink almost every year.

Your point is well taken and I've already offered up respect for where the Saints are right now as a team. Yes, you are in a pretty comfortable position. That said though, this is the NFL, and it IS the playoffs where any team can and has won! But like I said, I was just offering up some food for thought or discussion, and not trolling or smack talking.

Kudos to WillC for coming to our forum and posting his thoughts. Its a fresh and legit approach - he's got numbers and an explanation for those numbers. And we have counter-arguments. That's part of what this place is all about. Appreciate it, OP.

Though we do a job arguing among ourselves here, don't we?, its important to listen to the other side. Respect.

It appears there are some Saints fans here who have no respect for the Bucs defense, especially for our secondary. It's your opinion, this is your home and you are entitled to it, but let me leave you with a little "food for thought".
1. We are number #1 in the league against the run for two years running. This year we accomplished that for 11 games without our #1 run stuffer in Vita Vea.
2. Regardless of how many of you think you'll be seeing a lot man to man defense this week, think again. We play a lot of Tampa 2 and we DO play soft by design. We like to keep your receiver and your QB in our DB's line of sight through the entire pattern. We do NOT like to get our back turned to the QB! We'd rather play soft then come up and make a hit and hope for a fumble, a tipped pass pick or to jump a route, which we CAN do!
3. We do give up yards in the air, but not because we are terrible at it. THIS is what many of you are overlooking. Many teams have abandoned the run early against us because we DO stop it.
Another reason we give up aerial yards is because when we get a lead teams pass on almost every down. Yes this happens to your defense also but remember! The Bucs defense only gave up 18 more points than the Saints did all season! In fact, the Saints and Bucs are numbers 3 and 4 in the league in points allowed! The Bucs scored 10 more points than the Saints this year, so there is only an 8 point differential in favor of the Saints for the entire year! Again, just something to think about! 😉

1. Vita Vea is out for year, hasn't played in several weeks. The rest of your d-line has regressed with him out of the lineup.
2. Drew Brees is the best zone beater in the league, and maybe of all time. If you sit back in a soft zone, you're going to get eaten alive all game long. He won't make a mistake against that coverage.
3. We have an advantage with the run other teams that have failed against you don't. Taysom Hill. We can go heavy with extra lineman, and make you play 11 on 11 football. We had 138 yards against you the last time we met.

1. Vita Vea is out for year, hasn't played in several weeks. The rest of your d-line has regressed with him out of the lineup.
2. Drew Brees is the best zone beater in the league, and maybe of all time. If you sit back in a soft zone, you're going to get eaten alive all game long. He won't make a mistake against that coverage.
3. We have an advantage with the run other teams that have failed against you don't. Taysom Hill. We can go heavy with extra lineman, and make you play 11 on 11 football. We had 138 yards against you the last time we met.
Exactly this!

Its right that the Buccs D aint too bad overall. But its just such a bad matchup for them to go against the Saints.
Thats only one part. Flip the board and the Buccs Offense will have another matchup not as favorable as the last 5 games you won. The pressure will be on Brady and your WRs will be covered. Maybe AB punches CJGJ in the face and gets ejected :D

No matter how you look at it, the Saints are built to defeat the Buccs. Sure "any given sunday"… but I dont expect Payton to overlook a team in the divisional round, especially a divisonal rival and especially one with Brady under center. They will bring their A game because its just more than a game

I expect the same outcome as the past 5 games we’ve played them, with or without Brady they aren’t that great! Expect 5 sacks and two turnovers, stop the run and make Brady beat you! Saints win double digits on Sunday!

I applaud you for coming to this board and posting your thoughts. A couple return thoughts

The Saints know how to defeat the Bucs. The previous 2 games weren’t even close and handily decided by the 4th quarter

Brady has been a turnover machine vs teams with winning records. How many pick 6 this year?

If you play soft zone vs Drew Brees you will lose. The only way you have to slow down our passing attack is to become very physical at the line to slow down our WR. Outside of MT13, most of our WR are smaller and could be impacted by pressing them from the start

This is a divisional opponent so any given Sunday counts, but I think the Bucs have more to be worried about than the Saints

I can respect you for supporting your team. However, when you come to another team's board to stir the pot that's a different animal. Yes, you guys have what most people outside of this state consider the goat-Brady but around these parts we praise Drew. We don't need to talk smack because we won the division for the fourth time in a row and went undefeated. Of course, this is the playoffs and on any given Sunday a team can win but I don't get your objective.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom