Bucs Defense (1 Viewer)

Thanks bro, I wish everyone could see my posts for are the way you do. I love intelligent football discussion, but so many for different reasons are not capable. I don't mean just here, but everywhere! Then it becomes much easier for them to simply talk down to me or accuse me of being a bandwagon fan and etc. I enjoyed talking with some of you, but it's time for me to let you guys be and hope for a good injury free game this week. Take care! šŸ˜‰
Shhhhhhh. He's still here.

Look, @WillC , you know we're just messing with you, right?

Last edited:
OP is right about that Tampa 2 and it has given us fits dating back to its inception with the Dungy lead Bucs.

Tampa Bay will not be easy work, it's a divisional for we are playing for the 3rd time this year, two teams EXTREMELY familiar with each other...it will be a good game.

I've already pointed this out the last time you said this, but since 2015, the Saints have averaged 28.66 PPG vs the Bucs...

hardly given us fits

It appears there are some Saints fans here who have no respect for the Bucs defense, especially for our secondary. It's your opinion, this is your home and you are entitled to it, but let me leave you with a little "food for thought".
1. We are number #1 in the league against the run for two years running. This year we accomplished that for 11 games without our #1 run stuffer in Vita Vea.
2. Regardless of how many of you think you'll be seeing a lot man to man defense this week, think again. We play a lot of Tampa 2 and we DO play soft by design. We like to keep your receiver and your QB in our DB's line of sight through the entire pattern. We do NOT like to get our back turned to the QB! We'd rather play soft then come up and make a hit and hope for a fumble, a tipped pass pick or to jump a route, which we CAN do!
3. We do give up yards in the air, but not because we are terrible at it. THIS is what many of you are overlooking. Many teams have abandoned the run early against us because we DO stop it.
Another reason we give up aerial yards is because when we get a lead teams pass on almost every down. Yes this happens to your defense also but remember! The Bucs defense only gave up 18 more points than the Saints did all season! In fact, the Saints and Bucs are numbers 3 and 4 in the league in points allowed! The Bucs scored 10 more points than the Saints this year, so there is only an 8 point differential in favor of the Saints for the entire year! Again, just something to think about! šŸ˜‰

How'd that defensive strategy work for you on Sept 13 and Nov 8?

Here's another one.

saints.jpeg

It appears there are some Saints fans here who have no respect for the Bucs defense, especially for our secondary. It's your opinion, this is your home and you are entitled to it, but let me leave you with a little "food for thought".
1. We are number #1 in the league against the run for two years running. This year we accomplished that for 11 games without our #1 run stuffer in Vita Vea.
2. Regardless of how many of you think you'll be seeing a lot man to man defense this week, think again. We play a lot of Tampa 2 and we DO play soft by design. We like to keep your receiver and your QB in our DB's line of sight through the entire pattern. We do NOT like to get our back turned to the QB! We'd rather play soft then come up and make a hit and hope for a fumble, a tipped pass pick or to jump a route, which we CAN do!
3. We do give up yards in the air, but not because we are terrible at it. THIS is what many of you are overlooking. Many teams have abandoned the run early against us because we DO stop it.
Another reason we give up aerial yards is because when we get a lead teams pass on almost every down. Yes this happens to your defense also but remember! The Bucs defense only gave up 18 more points than the Saints did all season! In fact, the Saints and Bucs are numbers 3 and 4 in the league in points allowed! The Bucs scored 10 more points than the Saints this year, so there is only an 8 point differential in favor of the Saints for the entire year! Again, just something to think about! šŸ˜‰

Tampa maybe playing more Cover 2 but the Saints already ripped that in two matchups. Both teams will likely be doing something different and Bowles is a traditionally man defense. He also blitzes more than any DC in the league. Bucs also have more success playing 2-man than any other defense. 2-man is also something Brees struggles with. For some reason they didnā€™t do this much the first two games.

Iā€™m sure there are Saints fans on here that donā€™t respect them but most of the knowledgeable ones do. They have speed and athleticism. They blitz well and play man coverage a lot better than zone and signs point to them playing a ton of man this game.

Blitzing and man coverage give the Saints problems. I think itā€™s going to be a real defensive game.

Last edited:
Bucs run D had one "good" game and one terrible game against the Saints. Call me when they're top 5 for more than two years.

Bucs secondary plays aggressive and gambles which has bitten them against every team that could either hit them deep or hold up their pass rush.

Your point is well taken and I've already offered up respect for where the Saints are right now as a team. Yes, you are in a pretty comfortable position. That said though, this is the NFL, and it IS the playoffs where any team can and has won! But like I said, I was just offering up some food for thought or discussion, and not trolling or smack talking.

If your argument is ā€œitā€™s the NFL, itā€™s the playoffs, we have Tom Brady, anything could happenā€...I believe it would have been a better argument of how you will win this game than the OP.

I regret to inform you Drew Brees is statistically the greatest quarterback in league history against zone defenses. Brees spreads the ball around to all his receivers finding the smallest windows in zones with pinpoint accuracy.

What are you confused about? It's not hard, I was just offering food for thought! Going by your logic, hell, it's already over! We may as well just hand it to you and not even play the game! šŸ™„

I think they should just forfeit instead of getting embarrassed again on a major TV broadcast. Stay in Tampa...lol.

JK.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom