Bucs Defense (1 Viewer)

It appears there are some Saints fans here who have no respect for the Bucs defense, especially for our secondary. It's your opinion, this is your home and you are entitled to it, but let me leave you with a little "food for thought".
1. We are number #1 in the league against the run for two years running. This year we accomplished that for 11 games without our #1 run stuffer in Vita Vea.
2. Regardless of how many of you think you'll be seeing a lot man to man defense this week, think again. We play a lot of Tampa 2 and we DO play soft by design. We like to keep your receiver and your QB in our DB's line of sight through the entire pattern. We do NOT like to get our back turned to the QB! We'd rather play soft then come up and make a hit and hope for a fumble, a tipped pass pick or to jump a route, which we CAN do!
3. We do give up yards in the air, but not because we are terrible at it. THIS is what many of you are overlooking. Many teams have abandoned the run early against us because we DO stop it.
Another reason we give up aerial yards is because when we get a lead teams pass on almost every down. Yes this happens to your defense also but remember! The Bucs defense only gave up 18 more points than the Saints did all season! In fact, the Saints and Bucs are numbers 3 and 4 in the league in points allowed! The Bucs scored 10 more points than the Saints this year, so there is only an 8 point differential in favor of the Saints for the entire year! Again, just something to think about! 😉

hey at least you’re allowed to post on here...I don’t see any Falcons fans posting. You already have more privilege than them. I have never disliked the Bucs....I was glad to see them win a Super Bowl. Their history is as bad or worse than ours...I think the Saints win just cause we’re a better team...MHO

It appears there are some Saints fans here who have no respect for the Bucs defense, especially for our secondary. It's your opinion, this is your home and you are entitled to it, but let me leave you with a little "food for thought".
1. We are number #1 in the league against the run for two years running. This year we accomplished that for 11 games without our #1 run stuffer in Vita Vea.
2. Regardless of how many of you think you'll be seeing a lot man to man defense this week, think again. We play a lot of Tampa 2 and we DO play soft by design. We like to keep your receiver and your QB in our DB's line of sight through the entire pattern. We do NOT like to get our back turned to the QB! We'd rather play soft then come up and make a hit and hope for a fumble, a tipped pass pick or to jump a route, which we CAN do!
3. We do give up yards in the air, but not because we are terrible at it. THIS is what many of you are overlooking. Many teams have abandoned the run early against us because we DO stop it.
Another reason we give up aerial yards is because when we get a lead teams pass on almost every down. Yes this happens to your defense also but remember! The Bucs defense only gave up 18 more points than the Saints did all season! In fact, the Saints and Bucs are numbers 3 and 4 in the league in points allowed! The Bucs scored 10 more points than the Saints this year, so there is only an 8 point differential in favor of the Saints for the entire year! Again, just something to think about! 😉
You claim to be so good on defense but we tea bagged you guys both time. The latest at your house. I pray you play that same soft zone again. I would personally send you our world famous Randazzo's king cake...

I stop reading after I saw the pic of Tom Brady, There are so many great buccs to show your true fandom, Warren Sapp, Warrick Dunn, Derick Brooks, Ronde Barbar, Jeff Garcia, John Lynch

I get intelligent football conversations, and I'm all for it, but I felt some hostile intent in the OP. Could of led with something else besides calling out saints fans "on here" and "think twice"

Go away

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom