Saints Bucs had no answer for Shaheed… (1 Viewer)

At this point the season is over. There's no reason why Shaheed and Penning isn't starting and getting the majority of the snaps after the bye. The same can be said for Turner if he's healthy enough to play. It's time to evaluate and develop for next season.

Every single time he touches the ball he looks like hes gonna house it. IDK why they bottle him up. He must have td clauses in his contract or something cus it make no sense why you dont get a guy who avgs 29 yards a catch the ball
He's not the first Saints WR to get that treatment. Joe Morgan way back in the day got the same deal...dude averaged like 40 yards every time he touched the ball and ended up getting shuffled on/off the gameday roster weekly.

He's not the first Saints WR to get that treatment. Joe Morgan way back in the day got the same deal...dude averaged like 40 yards every time he touched the ball and ended up getting shuffled on/off the gameday roster weekly.
Joe Morgan seemed to dui himself into the dog house but he was another who showed flashes

Is it possible we’re still tanking even though we don’t have a first rounder? That would be easier for me to believe (regardless of how stupid) than believing we somehow are SO inept in the decision making department.

Is it possible we’re still tanking even though we don’t have a first rounder? That would be easier for me to believe (regardless of how stupid) than believing we somehow are SO inept in the decision making department.
There's no higher level big-brain game at play here. Dennis Allen is just that bad at being a head coach.

Nah, it's cool. Instead, we're gonna throw a hitch on 3rd and 1 to Callaway. I swear this has to be intentional.
Yep. Let's throw to the guy we had as a healthy scratch

That's the issue. There is no one left that will chew these guys out. It wasn't Drew's personality to do it but that's what Payton was for. Now we have a coach AND a QB who won't chew these guys out (and for the record neither would Winston or Hill.) Players are no longer held accountable.
I would refer you to the picture above my name, at left. In short: I disagree as concerns Winston.

Agreed. Taysom is too nice to do it (that's not an indictment, I just can't see him getting in someone's face) and I just don't see any fire from Dalton.
Yep Taysom would never do it. No clue if Dalton has it in him as I didn't really follow him in Cincy. Unfortunately at this point it really doesn't matter. Hopefully they just let Winston heal up so he can explore options elsewhere in the offseason while he still has some years left.
I would refer you to the picture above my name, at left. In short: I disagree as concerns Winston.
Yeah someone beat you to it

Shaheed just looks like he belongs. I don’t understand how guys like him go undrafted. Happy we have him but would be happier if we used him more.
If he hadn't had an ACL tear, he probably would've been drafted. There was a market for him as an UDFA. That's why the Saints offered him the max allowed.

If he hadn't had an ACL tear, he probably would've been drafted. There was a market for him as an UDFA. That's why the Saints offered him the max allowed.
I didn’t know his history. I guess coming from a small school probably played a role too. Kid just looks like a special talent.

Your veteran RB just made a braindead play and went out of bounds one yard short. But hey, it is 3rd and 1. You have Taysom Hill, the best short yardage QB in the league. You've got Chris Olave, Rookie of the Year candidate. You've got Jarvis Landry who made his name in the NFL on catches like this. You've got an explosive surprise in Shaheed. You've got Alvin Kamara, a nightmare to cover out of the backfield.

So they throw a quick slant against obvious press coverage to Callaway who has fallen off a cliff and is arguably the worst WR on the team.

Have you every played football w/ an injured knee?

I tore my meniscus on a route, heard a crunching noise in my knee. Didn’t know, shook it off, went back in game 10min later.

Was running a deep in, planted and heard the crunching noise again.

I didn’t care about FB, didn’t care about catching the ball, I immediately slumped to the ground to take pressure off it.

His play wasn’t boneheaded, he likely felt something in his knee mid-run that caused him to angle to the sidelines without a thought of getting the 1st down.

Have you every played football w/ an injured knee?

I tore my meniscus on a route, heard a crunching noise in my knee. Didn’t know, shook it off, went back in game 10min later.

Was running a deep in, planted and heard the crunching noise again.

I didn’t care about FB, didn’t care about catching the ball, I immediately slumped to the ground to take pressure off it.

His play wasn’t boneheaded, he likely felt something in his knee mid-run that caused him to angle to the sidelines without a thought of getting the 1st down.

I agree with you, I just didn't feel like dealing with all the numbskulls who inevitably popup any time someone tries to explain Ingram was hurt. You know how this forum is when it comes to Ingram. There was a 12+ page thread of people throwing a tantrum about Ingram and completely ignoring the unbelievably awful playcall on 3rd and 1.

Why did we restructure Hardy again? There are just too many stupid things we’ve done this year to keep track. It’s like Loomis decided to start crack or something this offseason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom