"Bucs have Brady, Saints have Winston, and we all have a nervous tic" from Enemy Territory (1 Viewer)

Somethings to keep in mind here:
  • Oline was AWFUL in Tampa
  • Lack of a Running Game
  • Huge talent at WR
  • Lack of Vision. Literally nearsighted, beyond belief it took him that long to get Lasik.
They threw the ball a lot. Im hoping having more time in the pocket, better vision, and a better run game lead to success for him if he sticks here. Huge upside for Winston if he follows what Bridgewater was able to do here.

With all that being said, I miss Bridgwater the man. Winston is not the person I want leading this team.

Must agree on the character issue. Hoping our offensive line avoids getting Brees injured again and we don't have to see Winston play at all. Remember, without the injury, Bridgewater doesn't ever see the field, except from the sideline.

"Just when it seemed like Tampa Bay wouldn’t have to worry about Jameis Winston anymore, he appears set to sign with the Saints and increases our paranoia.

Oh Jameis, you clever rascal.

Even on your way out the door, even when Tampa Bay is all abuzz over Tom Brady, you’ve managed to give the Buccaneers another case of collective heartburn. A tip of the hat to you, sir...."

Tampa faithful getting nervous with the Saints signing Winston....

Bucs have Brady, Saints have Winston, and we all have a nervous tic
Ye it's a great day when you can take what was once viewed as a franchise savior in Winston and use him as a weapon against that same rival franchise who drafted him.

I have a feeling Winston took less money upfront in hopes of becoming the next Saints franchise QB. He wants nothing more than to make Tampa pay. If he focuses and takes Sean and Drew's tutelage to heart he will have that chance.

Then 10 years down the road people will be saying TB whiffed on Winston, much like Dolphins missed the broadside of a barn when it came to Brees.

Went and checked out Pewter Report thread from the other post. Kinda makes you appreciate SR and the posters here. I've never seen supposed fans of the same team attack each other in a thread like that.

Also I got a good chuckle out of this one post.

"
You do realize we are Buc fans right? Worst win/loss percentage of ANY professional sports franchise, including baseball, hockey, football, etc.

garfield wrote:
Saints fans have gotten cocky the last few years ever since they lucked into Drew Brees and forget they’ve been awful most of their existence. Screw them."

Somethings to keep in mind here:
  • Oline was AWFUL in Tampa
  • Lack of a Running Game
  • Huge talent at WR
  • Lack of Vision. Literally nearsighted, beyond belief it took him that long to get Lasik.
They threw the ball a lot. Im hoping having more time in the pocket, better vision, and a better run game lead to success for him if he sticks here. Huge upside for Winston if he follows what Bridgewater was able to do here.

With all that being said, I miss Bridgwater the man. Winston is not the person I want leading this team.
Hard to believe he didn't wear contacts. I'm sure he did.

Disagree, Drew Brees is more "talented" at the QB position than Winston....he has a quicker release, sees the field better, and is way more accurate. About the only thing Winston has that Brees doesn't is a stronger arm...

I think it is much more than fixing the turnover issue for Winston, I think he is wanting to learn how to play the position differently (and better) and to learn real leadership skills...I, for one, hope it works out.....

I understand what you are trying to say...let me start with some definitions so we are on the same page:

Skill - the ability to do something well
Talent - a natural aptitude or skill

That is, skills can be intrinsic as gifts of talent, or they can be refined through hard arduous work.

TALENTS
Winston is more talented in:
1. Arm strength
2. Height
3. Deleted due to earning my respect from recent interview with team.

Brees is more talented in:
1. Comprehension
2. Memory
3. Intelligence

SKILLS
Winston is more skilled in:
1. Not sure he is more skilled but here, but wanted to give him credit for being eager to humble himself and learn.

Brees is more skilled in:
1. Accuracy
2. Decision making
3. Touch on ball
4. Ball release
5. Pocket presence
6. Reading defenses

Last edited:
from my Lightning message board:

Jameis Winston won’t be competing with Taysom Hill for the #Saints’ backup quarterback job. Has it locked up.

Since 2017, he has thrown more complete passes to Saints players (eight in five games) than Hill (seven in 42 games, including the playoffs).

Im a huge Lightning fan and will never be elsewhere, and there is a nervous anxiety about this piece of sand through the hourglass.

With any luck Brady will take them just far enough in the next two years before retiring to be out of range for a top QB draft pick and life will be back to normal with the Bucs hopelessly trying to become relevant.

"Just when it seemed like Tampa Bay wouldn’t have to worry about Jameis Winston anymore, he appears set to sign with the Saints and increases our paranoia.

Oh Jameis, you clever rascal.

Even on your way out the door, even when Tampa Bay is all abuzz over Tom Brady, you’ve managed to give the Buccaneers another case of collective heartburn. A tip of the hat to you, sir...."

Tampa faithful getting nervous with the Saints signing Winston....

Bucs have Brady, Saints have Winston, and we all have a nervous tic

Was that written by Ray's never-seen-on TV brother???

The Pewter Report forum is pretty funny. The anxiety over there is palpable.

This was probably my favorite line though..."Jameis Winston has completed 10 career passes to Saints players. Taysom Hill has completed 7."

This one's pretty good, too:

"Winston had 30 interceptions in 626 pass attempts last year. Brees has 29 interceptions in his last 1,900 pass attempts going back nearly four full seasons. "

from my Lightning message board:

Jameis Winston won’t be competing with Taysom Hill for the #Saints’ backup quarterback job. Has it locked up.

Since 2017, he has thrown more complete passes to Saints players (eight in five games) than Hill (seven in 42 games, including the playoffs).

Im a huge Lightning fan and will never be elsewhere, and there is a nervous anxiety about this piece of sand through the hourglass.
There is only one QB on our roster that has nothing to worry about and anyone else is going have to earn the right to succeed Drew. Taysom is the backup if Drew goes down but if Taysom can't can't manage the traditional offense Winston is right there.

I understand what you are trying to say...let me start with some definitions so we are on the same page:

Skill - the ability to do something well
Talent - a natural aptitude or skill

That is, skills can be intrinsic as gifts of talent, or they can be refined through hard arduous work.

TALENTS
Winston is more talented in:
1. Arm strength
2. Height
3. Eating W's

Brees is more talented in:
1. Comprehension
2. Memory
3. Intelligence

SKILLS
Winston is more skilled in:
1. Help me out here, I'm drawing a blank

Brees is more skilled in:
1. Accuracy
2. Decision making
3. Touch on ball
4. Ball release
5. Pocket presence
6. Reading defenses

Well done....but to me (even in your definitions above) they kind of overlap. To me there is plenty of gray area there....

For example, you could make a perfectly reasonable argument that ball release is a talent, it is natural to some QB's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom