N/S Bucs may be targeting Joe Burrow in the 2020 NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

Washington isn’t drafting a quarterback next year. But it’s funny the number of people who think the draft order is finalized, the scouting process is over, and there are no trade ups.

Exactly one year ago, mock drafts had two QBs going in the first round of the 2019 draft. Will Grier followed by Daniel Jones. You are right, a lot can change between now and April.

The next few games will really tell if hes a top quarterback in this draft if he lights it up against Auburn and especially bama and hes the reason they win I could see him going #1 overall

Everybody slobbering all over about Tua and Burrows need to remember that once upon a time Winston and Mariotta went 1 / 2. And all the other high pick QB's that become duds in NFL. Being a great college QB does not necessarily mean becoming a great NFL QB. In most cases it does not.
Yeah but that is because they run college offenses w the coach making all the reads and telling where to throw pre snap, then come in to the pros and can’t do ut themselves. This is a whole different situation because Joe burrow is running an NFL offense(the Saints no less)making all the reads, checkdowns, and adjustment himself.

At this point I doubt he gets out of the top 5 picks. Too many QB needy teams will be fighting to move up to snag either him or Tua (depending on who is drafted #1 overall). At this point the Bucs would have to make a trade to move up to grab him. With Miami, Cincinnati, Washington, Denver, Pittsburgh, and Tennessee all needing QBs the horse trading should be fierce come draft time.

Speaking of Tim tebow, It is just as hard to judge Borruw as it was Tebow. Throwing to wide open wide receivers can make u look better than u are. Tebow got his receivers wide open based from using his legs. LSU wide receivers are open based off of pure talent at the position.
Haven't really seen if burrow can thread the needle when the receivers are covered by someone as good as the reciever. Would love to see where lsu ranks in the national a yards after catch.
Plenty of mistakes have been made reaching on a qb after 1 decent year. LSU last qb to go in first round is a prime example.
Tua and herbert are probably first 2 qbs off the board.
Burrow could go anywhere from 3 to 6 qb taking depending on what teams looking for at qb. May still be a second day pick at this point. Not a huge number of teams looking for early QBs.

Teams looking for QBs

Miami
Buc? If they move on from Winston someone will grab him to be their starter.
Bears? no sure if they ready to move on yet.
Patriots? depends on brady
Saints? Depends on Brees and Teddy.
Denver Sooner or later they will draft a decent QB.

Probably only 3 of those teams drafting in first half or the first round.
Just from reading your post it's obvious you haven't watched too much other than maybe seeing a few highlights on ESPN. To compare Burrow to Tebow is laughable. I do realize you're not necessarily saying his game is akin to Tebow's, but you can't have the same questions about Burrow that had about Tebow heading into the draft. Now Ehlinger from Texas, yeah that's fair game as he is a Tebow clone to a great degree.

Burrow has absolutely no weaknesses and he's a coach's son and you see that on the field and his mental approach to the game. As someone said during the telecast today, he's a step or two ahead of the defense on almost every play.

My only concern with Burrow is he only plays from the shotgun. We all know you have to be able to throw from under center. That's the only concern I think teams will have.

Last edited:
Good, I hope they do. He’ll look nice on his *** behind that busted offensive line in Tampa.

It would have to be a kings ransom to move up to number one , I might be overpaying a little bit but I would like our quarterback position to be secure for the next however many years

And who’s he going to throw the ball to? Tre’Quan Smith, Austin Carr, Dan Arnold, ect? Because we won’t have the capital to upgrade those positions and we won’t win **** like that.

Speaking of Tim tebow, It is just as hard to judge Borruw as it was Tebow. Throwing to wide open wide receivers can make u look better than u are. Tebow got his receivers wide open based from using his legs. LSU wide receivers are open based off of pure talent at the position.
Haven't really seen if burrow can thread the needle when the receivers are covered by someone as good as the reciever. Would love to see where lsu ranks in the national a yards after catch.
Plenty of mistakes have been made reaching on a qb after 1 decent year. LSU last qb to go in first round is a prime example.
Tua and herbert are probably first 2 qbs off the board.
Burrow could go anywhere from 3 to 6 qb taking depending on what teams looking for at qb. May still be a second day pick at this point. Not a huge number of teams looking for early QBs.

Teams looking for QBs

Miami

Burrow was threading the needle plenty tonight. he got some easy ones mind you. But he also made some incredible throws as well. This kid looks like the real deal.

Burrow was threading the needle plenty tonight. he got some easy ones mind you. But he also made some incredible throws as well. This kid looks like the real deal.
The touchdown pass to Jefferson looked like a Drew Brees throw. Really great coverage and he threw it where only his receiver could catch it.

Rick Neuheisel on the CBS set went on and on about him and compared him to Tom Brady. Burrow is much more athletic than Brady.

They should be, as well as at least a dozen other players. The season isn't half over and no one knows where they will pick. Who knows what trades Miami and/or Cincinnati maybe offered.

Teams looking for QBs

Miami

I would be SHOCKED if the bears are ready to move on from Trubisky

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom