N/S Bucs may be targeting Joe Burrow in the 2020 NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

I would be SHOCKED if the bears are ready to move on from Trubisky
I wouldn’t be so sure. If he continues to regress and they potentially could make a move to that, why wouldn’t they? Trubisky is definitley not the answer for them. He reminds me of a Winston in some ways

I would be SHOCKED if the bears are ready to move on from Trubisky
I completely expect to see him play against the Saints today.
After that is anyone's guess. :shrug:

Teams who might be looking QB, in no particular order:

Chargers - Rivers is getting older
Raiders - Derek Carr is a JAG
Denver - Only a matter of time
Bucs - the Jameis experiment is over
Colts - Brissett was slotted to be their 2nd, he’s Okay, just like that guys Dutch on the commercial
Titans - Mariotta and Tannehill, yuck
Bengals - At some point they have to do something different, right?
Vikings - wild card, Cousins sucks
Patriots - old QB and have never been afraid to draft a QB
Dolphins - the Magic is over and Rosen doesn’t appear to be the answer
Panthers - has Cam run his course? If so, are they really ready to anoint Allen?

Joe Burrow has gone from someone who foolish types on here said wasn't even a 1st rounder to being in the argument for top 10 pick.

I think he’s worked his way into top 3 consideration, honestly — and depending on how the season plays out for LSU — you might hear some “rumblings” of his as 1st overall.

Tua is still the top prospect but I’d have to say his ankle issues might raise some red flags. Still though, I imagine he’ll go 1.

Burrow has rocketed up draft boards with his command of the wide open offense that is so popular in the NFL.

That throw Burrow made yesterday where he slipped up into the pocket past the pressure, slid over and threw a perfect strike to the WR was likely enough to have a bunch of scouts giddy with excitement.

He’s pro ready — and in a “Show me now” league like the NFL, that’s huge.

We will see what happens against Auburn and Alabama. He is an interesting prospect. Good size. Good, though not exceptional, arm and mobility. Great intangibles. Tua and Justin Hebert remain the top two prospects. But I would certainly take Burrow over Fromm.

And yes, there are about 10 teams that could draft a quarterback high--Miami, New England, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Denver, the Chargers, the Saints, and Tampa.

Based on talent, Burrow to me looks like a late first-round pick. But the need for quarterbacks is so great that he will go higher.

Not that it means anything--it doesn't--but the current mock drafts on Walter Football do not have Burrow being drafted in the first two rounds.

Not that it means anything--it doesn't--but the current mock drafts on Walter Football do not have Burrow being drafted in the first two rounds.
***Note to self***
Put no stock into any football info supplied by Walter Football.

Well I am pretty much aware the Saints will not be drafting Joe Burrow in this up coming draft

Miami-Washington-Bengals-Titans-Pittsburgh-Colts-Jags-Denver-Chargers-Tampa-Giants-Pats

All these teams above could be thinking a 1st round pick on a QB by the end of the season and probably only 2-3 that might ride out with what they have....

***Note to self***
Put no stock into any football info supplied by Walter Football.

Yup, I made that little note to myself a while ago when they were just as wrong about something else that I can't remember, but it was just as ridiculous.

Well I am pretty much aware the Saints will not be drafting Joe Burrow in this up coming draft

Miami-Washington-Bengals-Titans-Pittsburgh-Colts-Jags-Denver-Chargers-Tampa-Giants-Pats

All these teams above could be thinking a 1st round pick on a QB by the end of the season and probably only 2-3 that might ride out with what they have....
:scratch: I wonder if he could pull an Eli Manning and just refuse to play for anyone until the Saints are ready for him? :idee-puis-non:

Hey... I can dream, can't I?!?! :covermyeyes:

Burrow isn’t going to be a Saint next year. It’s just reality - better go ahead and accept it now.

I have to accept nothing!!!

Sure don't want to see the kid go to a bad situation. Miami, Cincinnati, Washington, etc... also dont want to see him go to a rival.

I have a feeling Cincinnati will be where he ends up. Ohio roots and all.

What nobody is talking about are the LSU receivers. TE and RB too. The Tigers are about to have a lot of early round picks. Uncanny.

Speaking of Tim tebow, It is just as hard to judge Borruw as it was Tebow. Throwing to wide open wide receivers can make u look better than u are. Tebow got his receivers wide open based from using his legs. LSU wide receivers are open based off of pure talent at the position.
Haven't really seen if burrow can thread the needle when the receivers are covered by someone as good as the reciever. Would love to see where lsu ranks in the national a yards after catch.
Plenty of mistakes have been made reaching on a qb after 1 decent year. LSU last qb to go in first round is a prime example.
Tua and herbert are probably first 2 qbs off the board.
Burrow could go anywhere from 3 to 6 qb taking depending on what teams looking for at qb. May still be a second day pick at this point. Not a huge number of teams looking for early QBs.

Teams looking for QBs

Miami
Buc? If they move on from Winston someone will grab him to be their starter.
Bears? no sure if they ready to move on yet.
Patriots? depends on brady
Saints? Depends on Brees and Teddy.
Denver Sooner or later they will draft a decent QB.

Probably only 3 of those teams drafting in first half or the first round.
You need to watch more tape and focus on details beyond just the pitch and catch. It’s out there. There is room for improvement such as platform consistency but that can be fixed and would increase his arm strength and spiral consistency. His biggest strength is pocket presence, movement and poise and of course accuracy. He is a first round talent.

Burrow is tough, confident, & has excellent pocket presence. He moves around in the pocket well, keeps his eyes downfield, & throw accurately. He has the courage to throw the ball in tight windows. His arm strength while not superior is enough for today's pro game. His football IQ is probably the best in college football. I remember he said a week or 2 ago that he knows where every receiver is on every play. It is a testament to the offense that they learned practically an entire new playbook from last year. I think he is the best QB in college football at this moment. The problem for me drafting him high is the small sample size. He had been beat out numerous times as the starter at Ohio State & taking over at LSU, a QB graveyard, doesn't say much. Also the skill level at receiver for LSU is phenomenal. This receiver corps could have 3 or 4 high round picks. He & LSU are going to play the best defense they will see all year this weekend. Auburn's defense is legit. It is a championship defense. This will be the test for LSU to prove it has a championship offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom