Bucs release Gerald McCoy (1 Viewer)

Don’t think he ever said that. He said he could pick a happy medium.

Let’s say, for example, we offer $7M and Cleveland offers $8M. Maybe the chance to play closer to home in a familiar division with a better chance to win a ring and in warmer weather would make a difference.

It all factors in.
Not to mention that him being asked to take a pay cut when there are other, not nearly as tenured, players on the team who should be taking the pay cut before him after playing out his deal(s) may have just been enough of a slap in the face from the Bucs after putting up with the pathetic state of that franchise for his whole career.

And there are links only an hour old that have him considering the same five teams as a few days ago.

He forced his way out by not taking a pay cut. If he is going to get paid less, he could do that somewhere else and win.

He got cut for refusing to take a pay cut. That doesn't sit well with the wishful theory that money isn't a major factor in his thinking.
He could have just didn't want to take a pay cut and play for a team that hasn't won a thing his whole career. He may have wanted out of Tampa. He may play for a little less for a team that gives him the best chance to play for a ring before he calls it a career. JMO, who knows. But the truth will come out when he lands on a team, which I hope is the Saints.

Bruce Arians took shots at McCoy pretty soon after he took the job, so if I'm McCoy I'm not taking a pay cut either.

Its true that McCoy's play has dipped over time, and no he probably wasn't worth the 13 mill that he was owed, but Arians... you can't shoot missiles at the guy in public like that.

McCoy may have taken the pay cut if he felt he was wanted, so yeah... he "forced himself out" by not taking the pay cut, but do you blame him?

I thought day one of the off-season that he would wind up a saint.

1yr 5mil wouldn't be awful.

Are some of you Twitter people hitting McCoy up on there? And use choice words like “you are the missing piece”

Ok, whatever. You'll believe what you want regardless. I'll try not to interfere with the fantasy.

Seriously, what fantasy? I’ve seen you use that word quite a bit. If it’s a fantasy because he’s a FA and hasn’t signed or visited anywhere else? Sure. But that would make much of what’s discussed on here a fantasy.

No one thinks he is going to take a minimum salary deal with New Orleans over a multi-million dollar deal anywhere else.

And ultimately, Cleveland and Indy could pay him much more than we can if they choose. So if they offer a lot more money, sure he could go there (I certainly would).

But there are a lot of factors that could help the Saints’ cause if the numbers are equal, or at least close.

would love to have him but i think if he wants decent $ the Browns and Colts will be able to offer him something more substantial.

Seriously, what fantasy? I’ve seen you use that word quite a bit. If it’s a fantasy because he’s a FA and hasn’t signed or visited anywhere else? Sure. But that would make much of what’s discussed on here a fantasy.

No one thinks he is going to take a minimum salary deal with New Orleans over a multi-million dollar deal anywhere else.

And ultimately, Cleveland and Indy could pay him much more than we can if they choose. So if they offer a lot more money, sure he could go there (I certainly would).

But there are a lot of factors that could help the Saints’ cause if the numbers are equal, or at least close.
Same fantasy that people indulge in over every 'name' player on here.

People will always allow themselves to be convinced that their heart's desire will happen. I should never have interrupted the echo chamber, carry on as you were.

Same fantasy that people indulge in over every 'name' player on here.

People will always allow themselves to be convinced that their heart's desire will happen. I should never have interrupted the echo chamber, carry on as you were.

So people aren’t allowed to discuss why players would be good fits for a team? And vice versa? People discussed Jared Cook for weeks. That turned out pretty well.

And if you don’t like the topic, why post in the thread?

So people aren’t allowed to discuss why players would be good fits for a team? And vice versa? People discussed Jared Cook for weeks. That turned out pretty well.

And if you don’t like the topic, why post in the thread?

He does it to make snide comments. He probably needs attention or a warm bottle..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom