Bucs release Gerald McCoy (1 Viewer)

I would love to have him, but I rarely see the Saints go after big name players, especially after they are released.

McCoy would be good depth and with Rankins probably not being ready until midseason and Oneyemata facing suspension at some point this season, we will need someone of quality to be able to fill in the rotation.

McCoy would be good depth and with Rankins probably not being ready until midseason and Oneyemata facing suspension at some point this season, we will need someone of quality to be able to fill in the rotation.
Rankins won't be ready till late mid-season... But he won't be full strength till the post season.

Rankins won't be ready till late mid-season... But he won't be full strength till the post season.
I agree with that. He might be playing some by late midseason but he won't be fully 100%. That's why I believe we need McCoy. He may not be as effective as Rankins, but he'd be close enough.

I wish I could get inside the minds of Saints front office to know why they never seem to go after big name players.

I remember Jairus Byrd was probably the last big name FA that SEEMINGLY wasn’t old and washed up that we signed, and look how that turned out. Maybe that’s their line of thinking.

I wish I could get inside the minds of Saints front office to know why they never seem to go after big name players.

I remember Jairus Byrd was probably the last big name FA that SEEMINGLY wasn’t old and washed up that we signed, and look how that turned out. Maybe that’s their line of thinking.

We went hard after Suh. Just chose LA.

Our staff is all about signing/drafting players for whom they have a clear vision. Sometimes big-name players don’t play as well in other schemes.

I always like to try and find the story behind the story. This lays it out pretty well. He is not worth $13M. What would you pay him? $8M? Still a good bit.

So, if Loomis could figure out a way to pay him and bring him in. Do you rotate him with Brown, Onyemata and Rankins? Rankings injury really concerns me so we may need to be in the DT market.

On the roster: Stallworth, Williams, Bigelow (R).

Thanks for the link, RKN. Interesting read.

Gayle should've had Loomis and the plane on standby. Gotta make it happen, Mickey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom