Bucs willing to 1st and 2nd round pick (in 2014) for Revis. (1 Viewer)

I'd give up a second this year and a conditional that turns into a first pending the amount of time he plays in the season. Tampa on the other hand should throw in next years first and second and Blount. And give Revis a nice fat contract

From Rex Ryan's perspective, there's a fair chance he won't even get to take advantage of those two picks.

It's not Rob Ryan's call. Jet's just got a new GM this year so he's doing what's best for the organization. If they show some patience they can likely land more than would have if they hurried this.

What am I missing. And if he fully recovers like Peterson, they have the best shutdown corner in the league. I don't like that.

A good article on the Revis situation:

"The Jets brought this on themselves," one rival AFC personnel executive said. "Not being able to tag the player, the short-sighted contract a couple years ago -- they're here because of how they decided to do business."

In short, [new Jets GM John] Idzik now has to clean up a mess he didn't create. Among the complications:

» Revis is going into the final year of his deal and can't be tagged next season. He's already staged two holdouts, and threatened another, and has always desired to be paid at the top of the market. So if the Jets or a team trading for him go into 2013 without a new deal in place, they risk losing him in 2014 for nothing more than a compensatory pick.

» Because of his stature and the investment they've made in developing and paying him, the Jets need to get a suitable return for Revis. Trouble is, then, a team trading for Revis not only would need to amend his long-term situation financially or risk losing him, but also pour draft-pick resources into the equation. It's a lot to ask.

» Revis' ACL recovery colors all of this. Yes, scores of guys have returned to full strength from knee reconstructions, but corner is the position where this type of injury typically hits hardest. So there's a catch-22 here. If you're trading for him, you can take a leap of faith, sign him, and hope he becomes what he was. Or you go the short-term route, and risk throwing draft picks away for a player who's not at full strength in 2013, which would defeat the purpose of a one-year rental.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...hard-decision-regarding-darrelle-revis-future

I'm all for the other teams in our division making bad moves but this one seems to have bad juju all over it. Are they still running the Tampa 2 down there? Not surr how hrd do in that scheme.

If anything Tampa should offer a conditional 2nd and 3rd. Should he finish the season then transition it to a 1st and 2nd. He's recovering from a torn ACL and has a knack for being a greedy prick. That does not bode well.

Super risky. If I'm a Buc fan, I'm not too sure about this. I could see if they were one player from contending, but they are far from that. Also, he is going to break the bank and he can be avoided. Von Miller, J.J. Watt and maybe Geno Atkins are the only defensive players in the NFL worth making this trade for.

It's not Rob Ryan's call. Jet's just got a new GM this year so he's doing what's best for the organization. If they show some patience they can likely land more than would have if they hurried this.

Didn't say it was. It's still a relevant point, though. Rex would be extremely disappointed to see Revis leave & potentially lose his job without seeing the compensation for it.

On one hand a secondary with Revis, Goldson, and Barron would be tough to face twice a year. On the other hand the Bucs would taking a huge risk that outweighs the potential gain. How do trade first and second round picks AND commit 12-15 million a year to a CB coming off an ACL tear? Even if he comes back and plays great, they still don't have a pass rush.

And to top it all off, he'll probably hold out a few times and milk even more money. I don't see the Bucs as a team that is a shutdown CB away from being in the Super Bowl. I see a team with some good young talent who will be a handful if they keep building. If I'm the Jets I take this deal and never look back.

Do IT!!!!*

I will send the Bucs the Carnival Cruise ticket straight to Revis Island.

*The Jets need the extra mock draft picks

I guess this is what happens to a franchise when a divisional rival pummels them 41-0.

ACL's are hard to gauge, you can't compare every athlete to Peterson, he is a special kinda beast. I think that deal would be awful for the Bucs, maybe if they already had a star QB that just needed some seasons to grow. As far as I'm concerned, Freeman isn't going to lead them to a superbowl, seems just so much to tie up in a guy like Revis.

They've had a hole burning in their pocket since the Haynesworth situation, I hope they throw the bank at 1 player so they're crippled for years to come. Even if Revis is 100%, Tampa still isn't going to be able to cover all the Saints' playmakers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom