BuddyDeesGhost and Furryankee team up for Mock Draft - Version #1 (1 Viewer)

Furryankee

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Because we're lazy, we didn't trade up or down. While there was some disagreement between us, we figured we now have the ultimate score. Ireland can now go on vacation. Just fax this to Mickey and Sean and we'll go golfing like Ditka did in 1999.

2-30 TE Irv Smith Jr. Alabama Too much talent to pass up. We agreed on this one when he fell on the mock draft.

5-30 CB Michael Jackson - Miami - Good size, physical, and fast. Will moonwalk in the end zone after his 1st pick 6! Can be a special teams star.

6-4 C Ross Piersbacher - Alabama - Got the right size. Played 1st 3 years at Left Guard and Smart enough to play Center. Saints need depth on the line.

6-29 CB Mark Fields - Clemson - yes another Saint legacy! Speed and strength and he knows the game. Drops because of his size but he's ready to contribute.

7-17 DL Chris Slayton - Syracuse - Way above the norm for his conference - Captain and never missed a game. Got a great bubble and fat man dance. If Sheldon is not ready to big wiggle, he'll do it. This is BuddyDees Steal of the draft! He loves him.

7-30 LB Cameron Smith - USC - Good size and can tackle. A team leader but an injury risk. Played Bama very well.

Notes - we weren't trying to be cute with the picking 2 sons of Saints. Our main points of contention is that BuddyDees Ghost thinks Cameron Smith is the next Davis Tull while I see the next Alex Anzalone or at-worst, Craig Robertson.

Notes - we weren't trying to be cute with the picking 2 sons of Saints. Our main points of contention is that BuddyDees Ghost thinks Cameron Smith is the next Davis Tull while I see the next Alex Anzalone or at-worst, Craig Robertson.

A few points:
1. I always like the legacy players cause they seem to have a good professional head on their shoulders. They may not be as talented as "dad" (AKA Nick Toon) but they seem to be more grounded and good for locker room chemistry (AKA Cam Jordan, Mark Ingram).

2. I do not expect Slayton to step up as a starter. Film clearly shows he needs to learn to develop some discipline for staying at home and playing the run. But he is a relentless pass rusher who does not hesitate to battle with any offensive lineman. He just likes to rush and put pressure on the QB. AKA he's not Vince Wilfork.

3. Michael Jackson is expected to do the moonwalk in the end zone whenever he gets his first pick 6.

4. Disappointingly I don't think Irv Smith will fall this far in the real draft. I think we just got him in this mock by luck of the draw.

5. I would like to post some you tube highlights of these guys but most of them haven't had tremendous reels. They just all seem like solid "availability" players. Like the man said: "sometimes the best ability is "availaility".

6. I still don't care too much for the USC guy. Just a vibe...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom