budgeting tools/apps (1 Viewer)

I've been using the attached all year and it's been eye-opening (I added some random amounts for December to make sure all of the formulas were still intact). You complete tab 2 first with what you think you'll spend. Then populate tab 3 with what you actually spent. Tab 1 compares the two and provides an overview.

You can change the row names and add categories as needed. As an example, I replaced "socialization" with "Total Wine."

At the beginning of the year, I estimated I'd spend about $40/mo. on alcohol. As of October 31st, I'd spent $1335.90 for an average of $133/mo. Eye. Opening. I essentially spent as I typically would this year so I could make changes for next. But some things I immediately decreased like "Subscriptions." Typing out the amount each month made me realize how absurd those costs were.

Hope it helps. I've never attempted to attach anything here so if it doesn't come through properly, PM me and I can send it another way.

Attachments

• The+Break+Budget+Tracker+2020.xlsx
    48.9 KB · Views: 4
I haven’t used Mint in a while but i can couch for it. Having your accounts integrate is a huge plus IMO but I don’t know if it still does that. You have to keep up with terms of service and updates for your PC big time though

Give me your bank details and PINs. I'll be your app. No charge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom