Budweiser Select (1 Viewer)

I was totally shocked when I visited my wife in Philly while she was training for a job, that the only way you could get beer was through those beer distributor places or from a restuarant. I mean no beer at gas stations, liquor stores, etc. This is the only place I had been that required this. Is this common throughout the Northeast or other parts of the country??

We have beer distributors here in NYC. I call the one close to me the "Woohoo Store" cause of the cheap prices and good selection. I don't drive so I have no idea about the gas stations.

I was totally shocked when I visited my wife in Philly while she was training for a job, that the only way you could get beer was through those beer distributor places or from a restuarant. I mean no beer at gas stations, liquor stores, etc. This is the only place I had been that required this. Is this common throughout the Northeast or other parts of the country??

Some states allow beer sales anywhere, but you have to buy hard liquor from state regulated stores. Virginia is one state that I know of.

I went to the beer distributor one night really intoxicated. As I walked in I saw this 6 foot tall plant next to the freezer. Granted it was a fake plastic plant, but it looked really cool. When I went to the desk, I asked for a case of busch pounders. As he turned to get my beer, I bolted out the door taking this plant with me. I was such an idiot. The plant was making so much noise as it scrapped against the cieling and also when the door bells rang when I left the door.

Of course he heard me grabbing this plant and addressed me at my car. He told me that he was the owner and I should get the F out of here and never come back. Then I gave him some lip about how he also did something illegal. I told him in the state of PA it is illegal to serve alcohol to someone who is visually intoxicated. Well it only went down hill from there.

The next day I was really ashamed of myself. But for some reason I really wanted that plant.

I hope it's OK to laugh at this. :smilielol:

I managed a liquor store in Hattiesburg that catered to the visiting troops training at Camp Shelby. They would come in looking for beer and start cussing after they find out they had to go to a gas station or supermarket.

I'm with JimEverett on the Budweiser. Nothing combats a hot humid day like an ice cold Bud.

Umm no offense, and I drink whatever is close... But Bud select is nasty. Id rather drink paps or schlitzes. Yuck Yuck, my 2nd least favorite beer besides Molsen.

Than again I am a Guinness stout drinker, maybe thats why.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom