Buffalo Bills transformation..... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I have to admit I hadn’t watched Buffalo much this season.

I watched them Thursday totally dominate Dallas, a week after holding Denver to 3 points. They went toe to toe with NE losing 16-10.
They are 9-3 and a major player in the AFC.

What amazes me so much is how they completely turned it 180 degrees in less than a year.

We went to Buffalo mid season last year and I have to say they didn’t even resemble an NFL team.

We beat them 47-10, rushed for 300 yards....yes, 300 yards.....and scored SIX rushing touchdowns.

That is Bama vs Western Carolina numbers.

And though we never even needed to throw it, Mike still had 9-117.

A total and complete blowout.

So my question.....what in the world have they done to make such an incredible turnaround, in a crazy short amount of time.

There were NO signs of life mid season last year.

I would think this gives hope to any team sucking one year.

they had a 9-7 season and lost a wildcard playoff game to JAX two season ago, so they technially have been on the rise for while, but yeh, it does seem like its all come together this year.

Bills kinda go as Allen goes. He had one of his best games as a pro. He has some stinkers too. For me to trust the Bills is to trust Allen. At this point, I don't. Their defense is legit though and wins them games against bad teams. They've always hung their hat on a strong defensive backfield.

7 of their 9 wins have come against teams with 4 or fewer wins. I can't help but have reservations. The other two wins weren't exactly signature wins either. The Cowboys and (Mariotta) Titans are highly questionable themselves.

Don't get me wrong if you catch Allen on a good day they are dangerous.

Last edited:
Every year there seems to be at least one team that turns things around from a top 10 draft team to a playoff Cinderella type team and 1 that goes from a final 4 type to not even making the playoffs. This year it is the Bills and Rams. (superbowl losers tend to have bad a bad year the next season)

Come on guys, you don't have to look that deep.

They have wins against
Jets, Giants, Bengals, Dolphins, Dolphins, Redskins, Broncos and last week against a Cowboys team that is 3-6 in their last 9 games with the owner calling out the coach on national TV both before and after the game. Then they also have a win against a Titans team that was terrible with Mariotta at QB.

They've had the weakest strength of schedule in football. They've played 2 teams with a winning record, a Pats team that they match up well against and a Titans team that only got good after the Bills beat them. The next best teams they've played are the Eagles and Browns and lost them both.

Come on guys, you don't have to look that deep.

They have wins against
Jets, Giants, Bengals, Dolphins, Dolphins, Redskins, Broncos and last week against a Cowboys team that is 3-6 in their last 9 games with the owner calling out the coach on national TV both before and after the game. Then they also have a win against a Titans team that was terrible with Mariotta at QB.

They've had the weakest strength of schedule in football. They've played 2 teams with a winning record, a Pats team that they match up well against and a Titans team that only got good after the Bills beat them. The next best teams they've played are the Eagles and Browns and lost them both.

Yes, but the point is that they have won those games.

I, for one, take nothing away from the victories of Buffalo and am very happy for them. Like Sean Payton always says, "It's hard to get a win in this League." He is right.

I hope they keep winning. You are what your record says you are.

Please note:

Falcons--- Dan Quinn --- let Kyle Shanahan go to have success

Panthers--- (no longer) Ron Rivera --- let Sean McDermott go on to have success

lololololololol

I enjoyed watching Josh Allen fumble the snap on 4th and 1 on Thursday, then rummage around his linemen's butts looking for the ball like a guy going through his sock drawer, then grabbing it and leaping for the first down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom