Buffalo's Blitz (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

NPs6724

Two Dat, Here We Come!
Reaction score
The only way to beat him is to get DT pressure with rushing only 4. Anything else will leave someone open and Brees rarely misses open receivers.

the-commish

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The only way to beat him is to get DT pressure with rushing only 4. Anything else will leave someone open and Brees rarely misses open receivers.

That's right. Only pressure up the middle (getting in Brees' face) will work. He can step up in the pocket to get away from outside pressure.

You actually can blitz Brees... it's just that the pressure can't come from say OLB or CB... if it does the defense will get picked apart.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
This is the same problem people had with Peyton Manning for years before a general decline in his talent around him and his talent personally (not that he isn't still one of the best in the game) have slightly leveled the playing field.

Blitz him you get beat. Lay back you get beat. Play alot of zone you get beat. Man up you get beat.

I'm just happy it's us that teams now can't figure out.

What is the injury to Brees non-throwing shoulder?

There is no "injury."

He practiced fully Wed. It was just soreness from the sack he took.

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's right. Only pressure up the middle (getting in Brees' face) will work. He can step up in the pocket to get away from outside pressure.

Easier said than done with Jahri and Nicks holding down the fort in the middle. Goodwin has proven his worth, as well. It's a perfect storm for Drew.

RockyMtnSaint

Gonzo Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is the same problem people had with Peyton Manning for years before a general decline in his talent around him and his talent personally (not that he isn't still one of the best in the game) have slightly leveled the playing field.

Blitz him you get beat. Lay back you get beat. Play alot of zone you get beat. Man up you get beat.

I'm just happy it's us that teams now can't figure out.
Good point, Bonchie and I was going to mention the same thing. Remember when we opened the season in 2007 against the Colts? We were asking ourselves the same questions and the same answer came up. Pressure up the middle with the front 4, no blitzing and disguise coverage schemes. That's the blueprint and it's no secret. The problem is that there are very few teams with the personnel to pull it off. Certainly we couldn't that year. :covermyeyes: :1zhelp:

SaintSeb

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Evans, Nicks, and Goodwin have been brilliant so far. I cant even recall the pocket collapsing in Drew's face this season. I also think Reggie has done a great job picking up blitzes on passing downs. If they can keep that up, Drew will make defenses pay no matter what they do.

kansast

The LateNight Bar
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
all this 'happy' news.. I'm waiting for SaintsReport.com to spontaneously explode or something..

nobody wake me. :ezbill:

:gosaints:

OP
BreesusSaves

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
Getting pressure on Brees and disrupting him is alot easier said then done. Everyone with their heads removed from their hind quarters say the same thing: Drew Brees is the best in the business right now.

And rightfully so, a QB who only gets BETTER under pressure? Hard to argue Brees isnt the best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom