Buford Jordan (1 Viewer)

Hate him or not, he brought us respectability for most of his time there. I just like his no nonsense approach.

I hear you, compared to what we had in the past Mora was great...if all you want is respectability in the regular season than Mora was the man....

Not trying to derail an awesome Buford Jordan thread, loved watching that guy play, he was 100% all the time....

Nice to see Jordan still getting out and about in the world. He was a beast blocking for Hilliard and Mayes back in the day. Before that, when he was with the Breakers in the USFL, he ran harder than Dupree; likely was in better shape. Ended up with about 1,200 yards rushing during the Breakers' only season in N.O. He had about 140 yards rushing in this one....

I hear you, compared to what we had in the past Mora was great...if all you want is respectability in the regular season than Mora was the man....

Not trying to derail an awesome Buford Jordan thread, loved watching that guy play, he was 100% all the time....

I hear you. I remember him against the Eagles in 1989 on Monday night. He bulldozed and was not going to be denied of getting a short yardage touchdown.

Ryan St. High?? What's that?

Edit/ Never mind I assume you're referring to McNeese State I'm kind of slow this morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
Ha! I'm a USL guy. Our affectionate term for our old rivals. Worst thing about moving to D1 was leaving McNeese behind. Those were some great games.

Ryan St. High?? What's that?

Edit/ Never mind I assume you're referring to McNeese State I'm kind of slow this morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Yeah. It's a derogatory term the inbreds use for McNeese. Because a better insult takes thinking skills. ;)

Ha! I'm a USL guy. Our affectionate term for our old rivals. Worst thing about moving to D1 was leaving McNeese behind. Those were some great games.
I'm also a USL guy. (y)

When I was in high school, the rivalry was just about gone, but... we had campus tours for various colleges. When we went to McNeese, I wore my USL sweatshirt. When the tour guide was going through introductions and turned around, a couple of my friends started pointing just to make sure she saw it. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom