Build around Kamara now (1 Viewer)

AK41 is no ordinary RB and if you say otherwise you are not watching him or know nothing about football. He is an elite talent who plays RB. He could play WR, return kicks whatever and be elite at it. He is a offensive weapon that you build your team around.

The one season they did lean (heavier than normal) on him, he got injured and wasn't the same for the rest of the season. He's not built to be that guy, clearly. You 100% always build around your QB's playstyle, starting with the OLine. That inherently benefits an RB a lot of the time regardless.

You build a system and have guys who fit it. Ideally we should be good enough that Kamara can excel, but what if he gets hurt again? We need to have other players who can step in and succeed without being a Kamara clone.

We need to make sure not to let talented young players leave the building.

AK41 is no ordinary RB and if you say otherwise you are not watching him or know nothing about football. He is an elite talent who plays RB. He could play WR, return kicks whatever and be elite at it. He is a offensive weapon that you build your team around.
In what way are we not built around Kamara?

looks like cap issues are here to stay regardless of trades this year.... which kinda blows since defense is finally good enough to win and QB/OL problems start up... guessing we need to hit some grand slams on draft picks this year if we wanna compete next season...we will either be cutting people or just letting them sign elsewhere and their replacements will have to be draftees I am guessing

Also not sure if Lattimore or Ram will want to get their new contracts a year early lets hope they can wait till next year with the way $$$ are being paid guessing their agents will become kinda annoying for Loomis

I agree that Kamara is a Marshall Faulk-esque generational talent. To score 6 times in a game which has only been done one other time 90 years ago shows that. I think he should be the focal point and should get the ball a bit more but I don’t want to overuse him to the point where his career ends prematurely which is what normally happens when a running back is overused they get worn out. I do feel the running game is the strength of the team and while balance is key if the running game is the strength of the offense I believe it should be balanced in favor of the run.

Minus a few players we might lose, the roster as a whole is set up well for whoever our next QB is. I would continue investing in the trenches and LB, and go for guys like receivers and corners in late rounds or cheaper FAs.

What the Saints need to do is find a BellCow RB, so that way AK is used more as a WR and takes less of those punishing hits that those defensive linemen can dish. Having M.T and A.K as a one- two punch in the recieving lineup is quite lethal. A.K can stretch the field and M.T is perfect for slot-possesion WR.

Can’t ignore the fact that with the cap issues, QB situation, and the disappearance of some players in the bug games change will be needed.

As much as I love Kamara, you just don't build around "a" running back. You can build around a running "game". Same with WR's and DB's. They get injured, are overpaid, and they come and go.

I think it's best to build around a QB, OL, and DL first and foremost. Until you're happy with those 3 positions, don't spend any high draft choices on a RB, WR, or DB.

Just my .02, I understand a crazy good RB can win games. I just don't think they can be counted on farther out than the next game.

You build a system and have guys who fit it. Ideally we should be good enough that Kamara can excel, but what if he gets hurt again? We need to have other players who can step in and succeed without being a Kamara clone.

Montgomery did a pretty good job, hope he comes back as his backup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom