Build around Kamara now (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Can’t ignore the fact that with the cap issues, QB situation, and the disappearance of some players in the bug games change will be needed.

QB- either roll withTaysom who is under contract or try and sign Winston back. Either one is stop gap starter in my opinion unless Winston goes back to his rookie year self.

RB- build this team around a strong running game with AK41. If keeping Murray is an option then great if not then see if Ingram would come back cheaper and roll with that 1-2 punch again. If Hill is the QB then RPO the crap out of teams ala Ravens last year.

WR- trade Thomas, I know not a popular idea but he would bring at least a1st and 3rd this year and maybe a 1st or 2nd next year. He is becoming a diva regardless of his new team first tweets. He will revert back to his actual self soon. Keep Sanders, Smith, expand what Harris does. Calloway looks to be a budding contributor. And then you work in Lil Jordan and Johnson. You won’t be throwing as much to them so no need for a stud out there.

TE- Goodbye Cook! Thanks for not much. Roll with Hill and Trautman. Draft another one or see if there is a cheap blocking TE out there.

OL- build your depth. Resign Ram, draft another good LT prospect for when Armstead gets hurt yet again. Hurst was a nice addition so keep him. Ruiz and McCoy looks like future pro bowlers if they continue to grow. Maybe bring back Easton as a backup. But build the quality depth in the middle to later rounds here. Quality Run blocking is key.

Not a total blow up rebuild but decent changes are needed with the issues facing this team. Defense is another issue with Latt, Hendrickson and Marcus Williams and the fact you can probably only afford one. Lock down CB’s are hard to find so Latt is my choice of the 3. Swearinger is cheap replacement for Williams. And with Granderson coming on and maybe drafting another solid pass rusher mid rounds will help ease the loss of Hendrickson. Put 92 in a bubble and only unpack for workouts all off-season.

In Sean Payton's system, you build around whoever the next QB will be. Look how well things worked out with Teddy and Taysom under center with Drew being out. There's no need to deviate from what works, which is a balanced passing and running attack behind a dominate O-Line.

To be clear, trading Thomas hurts our cap situation this year not helps it.

Whoever we roll out at QB in 2021 will need Thomas or be doomed to fail.

Can’t ignore the fact that with the cap issues, QB situation, and the disappearance of some players in the bug games change will be needed.

QB- either roll withTaysom who is under contract or try and sign Winston back. Either one is stop gap starter in my opinion unless Winston goes back to his rookie year self.

RB- build this team around a strong running game with AK41. If keeping Murray is an option then great if not then see if Ingram would come back cheaper and roll with that 1-2 punch again. If Hill is the QB then RPO the crap out of teams ala Ravens last year.

WR- trade Thomas, I know not a popular idea but he would bring at least a1st and 3rd this year and maybe a 1st or 2nd next year. He is becoming a diva regardless of his new team first tweets. He will revert back to his actual self soon. Keep Sanders, Smith, expand what Harris does. Calloway looks to be a budding contributor. And then you work in Lil Jordan and Johnson. You won’t be throwing as much to them so no need for a stud out there.

TE- Goodbye Cook! Thanks for not much. Roll with Hill and Trautman. Draft another one or see if there is a cheap blocking TE out there.

OL- build your depth. Resign Ram, draft another good LT prospect for when Armstead gets hurt yet again. Hurst was a nice addition so keep him. Ruiz and McCoy looks like future pro bowlers if they continue to grow. Maybe bring back Easton as a backup. But build the quality depth in the middle to later rounds here. Quality Run blocking is key.

Not a total blow up rebuild but decent changes are needed with the issues facing this team. Defense is another issue with Latt, Hendrickson and Marcus Williams and the fact you can probably only afford one. Lock down CB’s are hard to find so Latt is my choice of the 3. Swearinger is cheap replacement for Williams. And with Granderson coming on and maybe drafting another solid pass rusher mid rounds will help ease the loss of Hendrickson. Put 92 in a bubble and only unpack for workouts all off-season.
Agree about all except it's nuts to trade MT.

Who’s gonna give up a 1st for Mike Thomas?
Well before I knew about him needing surgery there would have been several teams willing to give up that for an All-Pro WR who just last year broke several records. Those kind of players don’t come around often. I could have seen Jacksonville wanting to have a veteran presence with reliable hands to pair with Trevor Lawrence not to mention he played at Ohio State under Meyer.
Now that the news is out about his injury that is probably off the table

Who’s gonna give up a 1st for Mike Thomas?
Anyone who watched the last 4 years not including 20/21 season.

You can't believe that one injury hampered season, after breaking the season receptions record, and multiple other records, is going to decrease his value to the point of less than multiple picks, including at least one 1st rd pick???

Trade Thomas a top 5 WR? You guys have issues.

I agree we need to build the O around AK, but not strictly as a running game. He is not being taken full advantage of in the passing game. He runs routes as well as most NFL WRs and is more elusive after the catch than most.

We cant lean to heavy on Kamara, he needs to be in a RB rotation so he can be that satellite back and not be the primary runner. This Team does not have to change much even if you see new faces on the roster, the system is the system and the system works, the checks coming due and some players will be on other team while we reload through the draft and fill some voids with fringe player free agents.

What teams are winning super bowls building around running backs?
AK41 is no ordinary RB and if you say otherwise you are not watching him or know nothing about football. He is an elite talent who plays RB. He could play WR, return kicks whatever and be elite at it. He is a offensive weapon that you build your team around.

Its not a coincidence that the last 4 teams have Rodgers (probable MVP), Brady (GOAT QB), Mahomes (best GOAT QB) and Josh Allen (Top 5 QB). Last week all of the teams with a better running game than passing game (us, Ravens, Browns and Rams) lost to those 4.

Kamara is awesome and isn't a traditional RB but frankly there's a decent chance this past season will end up being the best of his career. In the 2021 NFL you have to be able to sling it up and down the field, period.

AK41 is no ordinary RB and if you say otherwise you are not watching him or know nothing about football. He is an elite talent who plays RB. He could play WR, return kicks whatever and be elite at it. He is a offensive weapon that you build your team around.
We know how special he is but so does every other team in the league. He's basically been our 2nd offensive option since he and MT emerged a few years back. I agree that we should focus on being non-QB centered during this transition but I think has unofficially been doing this in the draft with the focus on building the lines.

No, he is one of many talented players you build UP your offense with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom