Build through the draft (2 Viewers)

It only states him helping Colston, our best receiver. It also says he TOLD him to work on his routes, not help. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt anyway.

BTW, I'm listening to NFL Radio right now and the guys said that some NFL GMs consider this years FAs plan B b/c the teams are locking up their players.

They are also saying the Zach Thomas would be a good fit for us.

Thats it right there...you cant depend on free agents to make your team better, team lock up talent and the talent that get away, get away because the team isnt gonna pay a rediculous amount of money to keep them...I agree with harshman, you (NFL Coach) has to have a system in place (offense and defense) and you draft players who fit that system, and who would know if a player fit there system better than the coach who implemented it? thats why the Colts and Pats find players in the later rounds, because they know what to look for.

I think you can find a guy or two in free agency to build your team with, but to rely on free agency, when there are so many ways to keep your own guys not (franchise tags, tenders etc) free agency is becoming more of a nusense to teams than a way to get better, the draft is cheaper and you get to more than 2 players, you can get 7-8 players for the price of the 3 you would get in free agency.

Don't we have a WR coach that should be teaching these guys? Patten may be able to help a little here and there, but that isn't his job.

It only states him helping Colston, our best receiver. It also says he TOLD him to work on his routes, not help. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt anyway.

Colston is quoted saying "Yeah, Patten had a little to do with it" when asked about his resurgence.

He also said they push each other and thats what will help them become a great recieving core. At the very least Patten isn't just in it for himself. He is active and they help each other become better recievers.

Of all the things to argue about why this? Does it really matter if Patten specifically helped him or not? Colston says hes a good influence on him, and thats enough. Besides, Patten is a great reciever for the money. Hes not here to mentor. He's here to produce and he does that.

Colston is quoted saying "Yeah, Patten had a little to do with it" when asked about his resurgence.

He also said they push each other and thats what will help them become a great recieving core. At the very least Patten isn't just in it for himself. He is active and they help each other become better recievers.

Of all the things to argue about why this? Does it really matter if Patten specifically helped him or not? Colston says hes a good influence on him, and thats enough. Besides, Patten is a great reciever for the money. Hes not here to mentor. He's here to produce and he does that.

exactly, wether hes a mentor or not, 50 something receptions for about 800 yards..thats good

Here's an article about this subject, opining that a good draft beats anything else:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23169126/

Yeah after year, there is change over on a NFL Roster, and its usually out with the old and in with the new, but inbetween that there are draft picks that getting better and emerging, you may want to add some veteran help to your team, but ultimatly your success of failure depends on your draft, i mean look at the redskins, they totally depended on free agency and all they did was spend money...then look at the Packers, they totally depended on the draft and look at them, NFC Championship game (they lost) but all there players comeback and thats because there one of the youngest teams in the league, as there players grow, it shows in the win column.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom