Bullocks is horrible... (1 Viewer)

I don't know if it was gameplanning or Bullocks, but Thomas clearly needed deep safety help and, on at least 1 occasion (the first TD), was playing as if he expected it.

I don't know if it was gameplanning or Bullocks, but Thomas clearly needed deep safety help and, on at least 1 occasion (the first TD), was playing as if he expected it.

I think that one was on Bullocks. I don't think Thomas would make that type of mistake...

I think that one was on Bullocks. I don't think Thomas would make that type of mistake...

Thomas was clearly playing down and in, as if he was looking for a crossing route and expected Bullocks to cover it up top. And Bullocks bit on the play-action. The question is

1) Was it a coverage call that just sucked

2) Was it miscommunication and Thomas shouldn't have expected Bullocks over the top

3) Was it a mental lapse on Bullocks to bit so hard on the play-action when he had deep coverage responsibilities

The Question is what has Bullocks done since he arrived here hes supposed to be a ball hawk right?....is it the System or what?........we all know that Freddie T has had better days,but I would presume that Bullocks was supposed to be helping.Does the guy even has an Int since we drafted him?

All the above.
The secondary is easily the least coordinated squad on the team.
Players have been out of position, and that's about the only statement that can be made on a weekly basis. It all starts somewhere, and right now it looks like a breakdown between the DC and secondary coaching.

Thomas was clearly playing down and in, as if he was looking for a crossing route and expected Bullocks to cover it up top. And Bullocks bit on the play-action. The question is

1) Was it a coverage call that just sucked

2) Was it miscommunication and Thomas shouldn't have expected Bullocks over the top

3) Was it a mental lapse on Bullocks to bit so hard on the play-action when he had deep coverage responsibilities

I'd go with the latter choice, choice three on that one.

True. Say what you will about Fred Thomas, and there is no denying that he didn't play all that well today, but Bullocks has shown nothing this season in coverage. He is a huge liability there. Fred Thomas has proven that he can play well in this league, he is a decent #2 corner. Bullocks on the other hand has proven to be nothing but a liability.

I'm also very disapointed by Bullocks so far.... he really bites on every PA. He has a tone of tackles but how many pass deffended ? Do u remember being even close to a WR catching the ball ? Sincerely, he's for now the most disapointing guy on D.

I have wondered for some time what people see in Bullocks. Way overrated. All of the safety play has been horrendous. I didn't buy the love fest for Harper either. Today it was wideouts but for most of the season it has been tight ends. All of the safeties that the team acquired and this is the best they can field?

Also, what does it take to get benched on this team?

I've said it before but I'll say it again (maybe make it my signature)

WHEN THIS TEAM LOOKED LIKE IT MIGHT MAKE SOME NOISE THIS YEAR; A CORNER AND LINEBACKER SHOULD HAVE BEEN ACQUIRED PRIOR TO THE TRADING DEADLINE.

He put the nail in the coffin against the Browns with an INT. He hasn't done anything since.

think craft expected his help in that blown td last week as well.. when craft seen he wasn't picking up the long play he hustled but couldnt' catch up.
thomas did the same today, he almost caught him, but c johnson will beat MOST corners.
Maybe them lining up vs a certain reciever would pan out better? but would it hurt them doing that, in that it gives the offense a read of what defense scheme is being used.. if they're man up or particular zone.
I think last week, craft was following his zone, and shifting to the shorter, and bullocks or stoutmire did the same thing, leaving the deep man wide open.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom