Bunkley Restructures (1 Viewer)

I pointed out the thing with Roman yesterday..and considering he is in the core group of players that has been here... You'd think He and Jabari Greer would have been asked around the same time they asked Will Smith/Vilma IMHO

Well you would think but IMO they asked Vilma/Smith as early as possible so they would have time to think about it. Because we more than likely are not asking greer/harper to take a pay cut. Whereas Vilma/Smith it's like take less money or pack your ****.

If we haven't approached Harper by now, it sounds like we may plan to dump him.

I pointed out the thing with Roman yesterday..and considering he is in the core group of players that has been here... You'd think He and Jabari Greer would have been asked around the same time they asked Will Smith/Vilma IMHO

Bunkley is a risky move to restructure. Evans, Grubbs, and Colston were no brainers. Bunkley is more marginal in terms of long-term plans. Asking him to restructure carries the risk of us being in a position where we no longer want him and yet can't cut him due to the dead money cost.

Vilma/Smith are pay cuts, not really the same thing as "restructuring" in the sense of Grubbs/Evans/Colston. Greer is in the same place as Bunkley, restructuring his deal could be risky because of age and production considerations.

If we haven't approached Harper by now, it sounds like we may plan to dump him.

We don't really save by dumping Harper so I'm not sure we would do that. We might though, if we really like Rafael Bush and Abdul, in which case the cap savings is secondary to simply freeing up snaps for the younger guys.

Restructuring Roman Harper would mean an intention to keep him long-term.

Likely we're going to clear out his salary as best as possible this year so we have the flexibility to cut him next. I do not expect to see Harper restructure and if he did, it would signal an intention to keep him.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

Restructuring Roman Harper would mean an intention to keep him long-term.

Likely we're going to clear out his salary as best as possible this year so we have the flexibility to cut him next. I do not expect to see Harper restructure and if he did, it would signal an intention to keep him.

Yeah, I think people are missing the concept of restructuring players' deals. You only restructure people you like and who you plan on being here for the long term because restructuring them makes it more difficult to cut them.

Us not restructuring Harper says a lot...

We don't really save by dumping Harper so I'm not sure we would do that. We might though, if we really like Rafael Bush and Abdul, in which case the cap savings is secondary to simply freeing up snaps for the younger guys.

True...he could be cut from a pure football perspective though.

For Herring, I read somewhere that it'll be cheaper to keep him - I think Triplett said it.

I'm cool with Bunkley restructuring. He's 29 years old and playing a position where guys tend to last a bit longer than usual. He's a good two-down player whose play was affected by lack of talent around him.

Harper is really overpaid and that definitely wasn't a good deal for us. It'll be interesting to see what we do with him. I doubt he takes a paycut.

For Herring, I read somewhere that it'll be cheaper to keep him - I think Triplett said it.

I'm cool with Bunkley restructuring. He's 29 years old and playing a position where guys tend to last a bit longer than usual. He's a good two-down player whose play was affected by lack of talent around him.

Harper is really overpaid and that definitely wasn't a good deal for us. It'll be interesting to see what we do with him. I doubt he takes a paycut.

Herring is in the last year of his deal with a $1.9m price tag. I think the cap hit would be only $300k in dead money, $1.6m in savings.

I wish they'd hurry up and cut some of these guys (Herring, Harper, Vilma, Smith) or cut their paycheck, what's taking so long? They've got less than a week to do it now. :idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom