Burger King to buy Popeyes (1 Viewer)

Popeyes in my area have really gone down hill in the last few years. I rarely go anymore. The chicken pieces keep getting smaller, service gets worse, and quality goes down.
Unfortunately, it's the only viable Louisiana food connection available to us here in Norfolk. I had some just last week.

8f362361e7669747483cd1fa5771dfae.jpg

Over time, I keep hoping the thread title will stop bumming me out, but it's not happening.

I steer clear of fast food these days, but Popeyes is my guilty pleasure. I'm aware of the bad service, and have never cared because I enjoy it so much.

Why is it every Popeye's I go to has the worst service...Almost as if they send out a memo to be slow and rude to customers. Lmao.

Why is it every Popeye's I go to has the worst service...Almost as if they send out a memo to be slow and rude to customers. Lmao.
Haha. The most surreal thing I've ever seen in a fast food restaurant was at a Popeyes. It was maybe 7pm after a saints home game and there was a modest line at the counter. The cashier came out and actually surveyed the crowd to find out if we wanted chicken, because they have to cook more if anyone else wanted chicken. We all just gave an astonished stare. I mean, who on earth walks into a Popeyes without the intention to order chicken?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Haha. The most surreal thing I've ever seen in a fast food restaurant was at a Popeyes. It was maybe 7pm after a saints home game and there was a modest line at the counter. The cashier came out and actually surveyed the crowd to find out if we wanted chicken, because they have to cook more if anyone else wanted chicken. We all just gave an astonished stare. I mean, who on earth walks into a Popeyes without the intention to order chicken?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FCOsnlY-oZs/hqdefault.jpg

I remember back in the late '70's' Popeyes used to serve fried clams. Man you talk about some kinda good. Also sold blueberry biscuits in the morning.

Last time I went they had a mop bucket on the counter next to the register catching the water dripping from the ceiling. Also they used to have the best cajun rice, but now it tasted like it is made from the water from the bucket on the counter.

I remember back in the late '70's' Popeyes used to serve fried clams. Man you talk about some kinda good. Also sold blueberry biscuits in the morning.

Last time I went they had a mop bucket on the counter next to the register catching the water dripping from the ceiling. Also they used to have the best cajun rice, but now it tasted like it is made from the water from the bucket on the counter.
I remember those blueberry biscuits drizzled in icing. Oh my!

Good memories! Too bad that's all they are now. Popeye's has been dying a long slow death for years now, and BK is sorta sealing the deal. I'm not sure they can bring the magic back. I've been buying the store bought fried chicken at Safeway near where I live and it's not half bad. No spicy chicken, but it's half the price of same amount of chicken from Popeye's.

Good memories! Too bad that's all they are now. Popeye's has been dying a long slow death for years now, and BK is sorta sealing the deal. I'm not sure they can bring the magic back. I've been buying the store bought fried chicken at Safeway near where I live and it's not half bad. No spicy chicken, but it's half the price of same amount of chicken from Popeye's.

Yeah, in terms of the Popeyes as we know it (and loved it), it's just not the same. But the corporation has been doing very well. They had 166 net store openings in 2015 and 159 in 2016. And existing stores are growing revenue with annual two-year compounded same-store sales was up 7.7% percent by year end 2016.

The BK parent bought Popeyes precisely because it is doing very well. If you gauge the company by its corporate performance, there clearly is plenty of magic.

Yeah, in terms of the Popeyes as we know it (and loved it), it's just not the same. But the corporation has been doing very well. They had 166 net store openings in 2015 and 159 in 2016. And existing stores are growing revenue with annual two-year compounded same-store sales was up 7.7% percent by year end 2016.

The BK parent bought Popeyes precisely because it is doing very well. If you gauge the company by its corporate performance, there clearly is plenty of magic.

True, of course, I'm referring to that Cajun magic they had years ago. It's certainly not the same. I'm not saying they're terrible now, but to me, it's just another in the list of fast food options here, and they're actually more expensive than those other options for the most part.

My wife had bought the grand kids $10.00 Burger King debit cards for Christmas gifts and then forgot where she put them. Well she found them a last week ago and we decided to use one. Walked up to the door and there was a sign on the door that read "Cash only."

The drive through was closed and of course we couldn't use the debit cards.

My wife had bought the grand kids $10.00 Burger King debit cards for Christmas gifts and then forgot where she put them. Well she found them a last week ago and we decided to use one. Walked up to the door and there was a sign on the door that read "Cash only."

The drive through was closed and of course we couldn't use the debit cards.

Sounds like their network was down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom